MF's vs Kontrol X1 MK2 (Help)

Default MF's vs Kontrol X1 MK2 (Help)

Hello All:

I am debating getting either two Kontrol X1 MK2's or two Midi Fighter Spectra's as decks. I would already have a Midi Fighter Pro so you could argue that I don't need another two, but I love midi fighters. I just wanted everyone's opinions because I could really go either way but I was leaning towards the MF Spectra's.

THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by Wise View Post
    Hello All:

I am debating getting either two Kontrol X1 MK2's or two Midi Fighter Spectra's as decks. I would already have a Midi Fighter Pro so you could argue that I don't need another two, but I love midi fighters. I just wanted everyone's opinions because I could really go either way but I was leaning towards the MF Spectra's.

THANKS
    Well... First tell me how you use your MF Pro when playing your sets. Or do you want to go the Ean route and just have MF's, X1's, and a mixer... no controller or turntables? Need more infoz

I like the X1 mk2 a lot. I especially like the touchstrip and phase meters. The Felix setup is a really good way to go.

Go the EAN way without any turntables or CDJ's and I would map each of the spectra's to play, sync, flux, hot cues, etc.

I was gonna do the Felix setup with the to X1's and the Z2. Thanks for responding you are very inspiring to me

Tech Wizard

I've been thinking about the Felix set-up or similar, was going to get an DJM-850 with the X1s. Don't want a USB hub though! Is the
    Z2 the mixer that will let me avoid a hub. Use a MacBook, so it's two ports only...

Tech Guru

The Z2 has a built-in hub. You will need a hub of some sort to use 3 devices.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

Thanks, I suspected it was inevitable

Tech Mentor

I am going the felix way with a DB2 and two X1's. I think this is a very good setup. I might even pick up one of the CMD-MM1's for a portable setup. THe DB2 is crazy, but like most lazy people, a bitch to carry with me. An MM-1 with two X1's would be really great as well for 4 deck mixing.

Now to find a buyer for my two Denon DN-S3700's
    13" MBP | Xone DB2 | Kontrol X1 MK2 | 2 X Denon DN-S3700 | NUmark TTX| NI MASCHINE MK2 | ABLETON PUSH

Tech Convert

I'm planning on the same set-up with db2, and two x1s. Thinking about either a midi fighter or a F1 for hot-cues/remix decks.
    But would love to hear about how you think the set up are, after trying it!