X1 + Z1 combo

Thread: X1 + Z1 combo

Default X1 + Z1 combo

Hi All

I am in the market for a new gear set up as my Novation Twitch was recently stolen.

I am currently considering getting a kontrol X1 to run alongside a Kontrol Z2 (will hopefully be adding an F1 at a later stage).

I'm just wondering if anyone using this combination could comment on the functionality, reliability of these controllers as well as the overall performance of this combination.

I currently have a couple residencies at a some night clubs and play the odd show and festival every now and then.

The Twitch was the perfect controller for my needs however I found serato itch and serato DJ to be extremely overrated and limited in terms of effects.

I tried out all the Traktor mappings available for the Twitch and also found these to be extremely average and specifically designed to suit the creators.

As I am still relatively new to this world I do not have the technical abilities to create my own mapping yet and feel that the best decision would be to go with a Native Instruments controller/set-up designed to work with the Traktor software.

any advice, comments and words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Go for NI, practice and learn mappings to be able do your own tweaking once you master this units and want some new functions