Rane 68 LED Mapping
    Tech Wizard

Default Rane 68 LED Mapping

Does anyone have a TSI file that properly maps the LEDs on a Rane 68 or have any information on how to do it correctly?

I've been digging around online for awhile but haven't found any solution. Thanks for any help.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Found this: http://serato.com/forum/discussion/615897

Problem seem to be with Rane sending a different assignment for In and Out massages.

Tech Wizard

Question

Thanks, Stewe.

I saw that message but couldn't figure out how to resolve my issue based on the last tips in there. I'm a bit confused how he knows that "Note #14" is Ch01.Note.D0. I couldn't find anything that matches note numbers to actual midi notes. I am guessing he means this: http://www.tonalsoft.com/pub/news/pitch-bend.aspx

Still, following his instructions I mapped Deck A - Play and the LED won't work. Play/Pause works but no light changes.

Here is a screenshot.

Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 8.11.42 PM.jpg

Do you see anything I am misunderstanding from his post or about mapping in Traktor?

Tech Wizard

I figured this out. I didn't realize that there was multiple pages to the Control Panel in System Preferences. Clicking the top left button (although it barely looks like a button) will take you to a MIDI page and Midi In is turned off by default.

Thanks for taking some time to help, Stewe.

Yeah, no worries. I'm glad you made it.

Tech Wizard

Actually, I have a follow up question to this. As I understand it, "Send Monitor State" will tell the LEDs on your controller what the state is. I can't seem to get it to do what I want though.

I have a button that has the following MIDI settings:
    MIDI Out: Channel 1 G#0
    MIDI IN (Green LED): Channel 1 D0
    MIDI IN (Yellow LED): Channel 1 D#0

The mapping I want to do is that when a deck is playing the green LED is on. When the deck is not playing the yellow LED is on. My mapping for this generally works. However.... when I first turn the device on the LEDs are all off. The only way to make them come on is to load a track into the deck, play that track (the green light then comes on) and then stop it (the yellow light then comes on). Until I start and stop the track in the mapped deck the LED isn't on at all.

Somehow, I would like to get my mapping to turn on all the lights to their current state without having to do something for each button to get the LEDs on. Meaning, when I launch Traktor I would really like all my play button LEDs to turn yellow right away so that I can see them in the dark without having to do too much manual work each time.

Isn't this what Send Monitor State is for? Can you clarify how to make this work for the button with the MIDI notes I listed above?

Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Weaver View Post
    I have a button that has the following MIDI settings:
    MIDI Out: Channel 1 G#0
    MIDI OUT (Green LED): Channel 1 D0
    MIDI OUT (Yellow LED): Channel 1 D#0
    Fixed that.

Check MIDI range options.

minimum value = button not being press LED color
    maximum value = color when active