Recommend a sound card
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Recommend a sound card

Hello DJ Tech Toolers,

As you can see by the number of posts that I have, I haven't been on these forums for very long. So I'm fairly new.

Now to get to the point, this is what I would like answered (if possible): What is a good sound card for £150 and under?

I currently have a Numark Mixtrack Pro (with Numark DJ I/O). However, I will be upgrading controllers soon. So I just want some good expert advice (please!)

Many thanks,
    Daily Crisis

DJ soundcard or production soundcard?

How much I/O do you need

Do you need midi I/O

Does it have to be USB powered or can you afford to have an external 24v power supply
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

What controller you getting? Many if not all now have a built in soundcard...
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    DJ soundcard or production soundcard?

How much I/O do you need

Do you need midi I/O

Does it have to be USB powered or can you afford to have an external 24v power supply
    NOTE: I don't know anything about soundcards, hence why I'm asking for advice!

- Both. If possible. (For playing live and music production/mixes at home.) Willing to buy two soundcards if needed.
    - Well I have 2 decks so does that mean 4 RCA or 2 Mini-jack? (RCA to Minijack cable) Don't know anything about this.
    - No idea if I need Midi I/O, on my Mixtrack Pro I have a Midi input and a USB output. But as I say I'm looking to upgrade.
    - It can be USB powered, but if it's optimal then I can purchase an external power supply.

Cheers.

The NI Audio 2 is a direct upgrade from the DJIO, giving you 2 output channels, the only drawback is you need a TRS>RCA adaptor.
    However, if you upgrade to a controller with an interface, such as an S2, you would not need another soundcard.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    I'm thinking of purchasing the Traktor S4. I've heard some good stuff about it and one of my DJ mates has recommended it to me, he says it's the best on the market at the moment. However that may change come christmas but my price range is up to £700.

Also I come from Brighton too

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    The NI Audio 2 is a direct upgrade from the DJIO, giving you 2 output channels, the only drawback is you need a TRS>RCA adaptor.
    However, if you upgrade to a controller with an interface, such as an S2, you would not need another soundcard.
    Ok. Looks good, but what about for music production?

Will also add that the A2 comes with the 1/4in to rca adaptors
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    I'm thinking about purchasing the Traktor S4. However, come christmas there may be a better controller out on the market.

Also I see you come from Brighton, I come from Brighton too

Sounds good. I don't mind purchasing an adapter. Will I need another sound card for music production though?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast