Dumb question: Can I use Spectra for live beat 'record?'
    Tech Wizard

Default Dumb question: Can I use Spectra for live beat 'record?'

This is probably a stupid question, and please forgive me as I am a newb... but I am considering getting a Midi Fighter Spectra to use with Ableton. I figure that it would be a good alternative to an Akai pad. The things I would like to know before I decide are: 1: Can I use the Midi Fighter to construct a beat in Live record mode (like I saw a video of someone else doing with their fancier Akai and Keyboard arrangement - )? I think I'll start with simple stuff before I get into any of that trippy dubsteppy electro stuff. 2: How hard is it to create my own drum packs? I know that I can buy Mad Zack's packs, but I would also like to make my own, is there a tutorial out there that will show me how to do that using my own wavs? I found a freeware program called Drumsite that has some pretty decent sounds I like, and have been in the process of snatching those and tweaking them in Audition. 3: How customizable are the LED settings? Most of the videos I've seen have the LEDs all on and doing that wave pattern, if I wanted to, could I turn all the LEDS off and have them only come on when I'm pressing a button?

Tech Convert

Yes this is really simple to do first watch this

If you still have questions let me know.

Also there are multiple LED animation modes in the midi fighter utility software and you can absolutely make them only come on during button press.