Help with a mobile gig, Paraline or QSC K series?

Default Help with a mobile gig, Paraline or QSC K series?

Hey everyone, I hope I can start a decent thread in the general discussion forum, god knows its gotten weird lately.

ANYWAYS

I got hired to do a highschool prom and I need help with rentals. So far my options are as follows;

2x QSC K subs + 2x QSC K10s OR

2x Yorkville Paraline PSA1S subs + 2x Yorkville Paraline PSA1 tops.

Advice? Buddy at the shop told me the Paralines are louder but the K series is clearer. I'm leaning towards K series.

Also I need some help with a lighting setup. I need lights that are stand mounted (fuck a truss I'm a one man crew.) I've already been told to get a ADJ Galaxian 3D lazer paired with a pair of 4 LED type wash lights from ADJ as well.

Is that enough for about 300 people? The venue is medium/small size.

Stay classy San Diego.
    Last edited by Calzone; 09-30-2013 at 03:18 PM.
    Lenovo P580 || TSP2 || Traktor Z2 || 2x Audio-Technica AT-LP120 || Pioneer HDJ 1500 || Behringer B212D || http://www.mixcloud.com/Calzonetti/

Tech Guru

The KSubs don't pack a punch. If your playing dance music for a bunch of kids I'd use anything else. I've never heard the Yorkvilles you mentioned, but even then I'd be inclined to choose those.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

I have two K12's and a KW 181. For mobile djing they are perfect! Much more thump from the 181 than the K subs, and the k12's also have a nice low end to them. A big plus for them when doing mobile gigs, is the mixer on board. So that you can mixdown seperate sources, ipad, computer, or mic. The K series is super flexible in that aspect, and will make it easier to bulk up or slim down the setup depending on the application. Oh and the wheels on the 181 are the coolest addition you never knew you needed.
    Transcendent Tuesdays weekly DNB on www.KRISISDnB.com 8:30-10pm UK time.

I edited the post because I'm djing for 300 people not 100. So the k subs are not punchy? Even with two? and to haze, the Paralines I'm pretty sure are the top of the line Yorkville series. im sure they kick ass.
    Lenovo P580 || TSP2 || Traktor Z2 || 2x Audio-Technica AT-LP120 || Pioneer HDJ 1500 || Behringer B212D || http://www.mixcloud.com/Calzonetti/

Any advice on lights?