PC RAM upgrade - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PC RAM upgrade

Okay that's cool.

Just gone to order that from Amazon but can't unless my order is over £10, b**tards.
    Equipment: 2x CDJ 2000s // Kontrol Z2 // 2x KRK Rokit 5s // Maschine MkII // Scarlett 2i2

Soundcloud Twitter Facebook

Tech Guru

You can pick them up pretty cheaply on Ebay too

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30cm-PWM-4...-/190814970402
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Ordered.

Thank you very much for your help.
    Equipment: 2x CDJ 2000s // Kontrol Z2 // 2x KRK Rokit 5s // Maschine MkII // Scarlett 2i2

PC is running like a dream since the upgrade and now I've got my splitter it's running very quietly too.

Thanks to everyone that helped.

I've got a quick question. I've just upgraded my screen which now has a HDMI port as well as VGA & DVI.

Mo mobo has a HDMI port but my NVidia graphics card doesn't, so I didn't know which was best to use? I assume to use the HDMI port on my mobo I'd have to use the integrated graphics card in the Intel processor but would that be less beneficial?

I hope that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by DeanOakley View Post
    I've got a quick question. I've just upgraded my screen which now has a HDMI port as well as VGA & DVI.

Mo mobo has a HDMI port but my NVidia graphics card doesn't, so I didn't know which was best to use? I assume to use the HDMI port on my mobo I'd have to use the integrated graphics card in the Intel processor but would that be less beneficial?

I hope that makes sense.
    Indeed it would be. I think just about any graphics card is probably better than an integrated graphics card (with a HDMI/VGA slot in the back of your computer). What you can do is see if you can purchase an adapter. My understanding of ports is HDMI is used more for TV such as a Sky/Virgin box... Whereas DVI/VGA are used more for computer usage. I guess you want to use HDMI right?

Well I need to find out which ports your nVidia card has. Here's an example:

vga-connectors1.jpg

Although I may not know a lot about DJing/music production.. I do know a lot about hardware & computing. Reply ASAP and I will be more than happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Have a large glass of water and a wank. Problem solved.

Thanks for the reply DC.

Well the way you've put it, I guess I don't actually need to use the HDMI port really as the DVI connection will do the job for using it as a monitor.

The card has DVI and VGA inputs, I only have a VGA cable so will buy a DVI.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply DC.

Well the way you've put it, I guess I don't actually need to use the HDMI port really as the DVI connection will do the job for using it as a monitor.

Thanks
    You only need one or the other haha. Make your mind up with VGA or DVI. Personally, I prefer DVI... Don't really know why I just think the socket looks cool. VGA is pretty standard though. That's if the monitor has a DVI port as well of course. You can always buy a DVI to VGA port adapter but there really isn't any point considering your monitor has both VGA and DVI.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Have a large glass of water and a wank. Problem solved.

Tech Guru

Thanks for the reply DC.

Thanks
    Unless you're sending audio, DVI is the best of the 3 as it supports the highest resolutions and refresh rates (if you use Dual Link).

There is a significant difference between VGA and HDMI/DVI; the latter two being digital which allows your graphics card to more accurately control what appears on your monitor. VGA should only ever be used if you have no alternative.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234