Traktor Pro 3.0 ? [The Speculation Thread]
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor Pro 3.0 ? [The Speculation Thread]

So with the X1 mk2, S4 mk2 and now Maschine Studio and Maschine 2.0 (software)....

Do we anticipate/expect Traktor pro/scratch pro 3.0 soon...

I hope they do and haven't forgotten about traktor, I do also feel its due a big upgrade soon whereas the mk2 Maschine are only a year old...
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

Idk, anything can happen.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Just kindly update the modifiers and we'll invent all the new features by ourself

Tech Mentor

Speak for yourself stewe were not all mapping gods like yourself...

Just hoping for the grids to be elastic that's all I really want! Maybe native Maschine support too
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

Tech Wizard

Guess we will have to wait some time for Traktor 3.0. NI wouldn't release their software and controllers with such a small time difference in between. We can only suspect if they'll match the software with refreshments of the existing hardware or introduce brand new stuff (S5/S6?), but either way it will take some time. I guess by now, they have a pretty good foundation of the next big Traktor release, but yet have to make some improvements and just wait until the market's ready.
    I bet we'll at least see the 2.7 branch being released with some pretty cool features that could enhance the existing controllers (more touch strip functionality for the X1 MK2, some feature that may only be used with the S2/S4 MK2 ?).
    After all, I think we won't have to wait that long in 2014. My bet for the next flagship controller are, like I assumed before, (touch) displays that are integrated into the controller and maybe even USB flash drive support (controller and iPad have been moved together, next step would be DJing without a wired external device).

Tech Mentor

doesn't traktor 3 already exist on mac? Isn't it really old though?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieUK View Post
    I think that OP title refers to Pro 3.

Quote Originally Posted by city_boy07 View Post
    Speak for yourself stewe were not all mapping gods like yourself...

Just hoping for the grids to be elastic that's all I really want! Maybe native Maschine support too
    +1000!
    It would be great to grid all of those old tracks with live drummers.
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieUK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    I think that OP title refers to Pro 3.
    Thread title changed for version clarity (and description).

I posted this earlier in the comment thread of the Digital DJ Tips article about the Maschine Studio.

"I predict that around the 2014 NAMM show we will see Traktor 3 announced with the Z4 mixer and a single deck controller (with these screens, among other features) obviously designed to replace the CDJ and DJM and will likely work without the computer, possibly using something similar to Rekordbox. The software will also include features from the iPad app like x/y effects and freeze mode and integration with the Maschine 2.0 software/hardware. we might also see changes to the controller editor including the ability to order commands into a sequence and additional modifiers and conditions.

Not all of these predictions may come true but I suspect that NI will probably announce something at the next NAMM show Traktor related."

Also Elastic beatgridding would be great and maybe even an inbuilt warping engine like Ableton has. I guess we'll have to wait until Janurary (If not later)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast