rMBP + DDJ-SX keeps crashing and freezing up
    Tech Mentor

Default rMBP + DDJ-SX keeps crashing and freezing up

Sadly, no-one on the Serato forum seems to be responding to my problem. It saddens me because I just spend €1.150 (about $1.550) on the DDJ-SX and accessories yet I can't get it to run stable. Yesterday I've received my DDJ-SX. I've crossed over from a DDJ-T1/Traktor so I am putting in some hours to get used to Serato. However, yesterday within 2 hours Serato crashed. The controller lights dimmed and I got a crash report. I've sent it to Apple, but can't find it anywhere in the log in the library any more.

Today, I've tried to go for another spin with better hopes. Sadly, after about an hour, tops hour and a half I got the rainbow spinny thingy where my cursor used to be and the DDJ-SX froze up. I could use the hot-cues but that was pretty much it. I forced Serato DJ to quit because it wouldn't crash. It just froze up. The strange thing was, I had two tracks playing together, and one track showed a full waveform in the deck, but the waveform just stopped in the big waveform-player (where you have the waveforms beside each other) after playing for a minute and a half and when the marker reached the end of it the track stopped playing and Serato stopped responding.

My specs:
    MacBook Pro
    Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013
    Processor 2,6 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Harddrive 256 GB SSD
    Video Intel HD Graphics 4000 768 MB
    Serienumber C02KR0SMFFRP
    Software OS X 10.8.5 (12F37)

I have the latest Serato DJ (version 1.5). Yesterday I've lowered the latency to 5ms before it crashed the first time as I've figured my MacBook is quite powerful enough. After that I've decided to up it to the standard value again (10ms). Yet it still crashed. I've updated my MacBook Pro to 10.8.5, didn't solve anything. It crashed within 20 minutes after the update again while trying to crank up the reverb. Is there any one who could suggest some things that I can try in order to get it to work? Feel really bummed out as it's a lot of cash that I've spent which I can't really enjoy now...

You're help would be greatly appreciated!

I'd start with going thru seratos optimization guide

I was having some problems not too long ago with crashes, turned out the problem was midi ox and midi yoke causing driver conflicts. As soon as I uninstalled it things went back to normal

Tech Mentor

Can't find that one, do you have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    I'd start with going thru seratos optimization guide

I was having some problems not too long ago with crashes, turned out the problem was midi ox and midi yoke causing driver conflicts. As soon as I uninstalled it things went back to normal
    1.5 is very buggy. Revert to 1.3 or try the 1.51 beta and see if that helps