Kontrol S4 mk2 -new features walkthrough
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Kontrol S4 mk2 -new features walkthrough

I got my hands on a Traktor Kontrol S4 mk2 for a few hours, and took a look at the new hardware features. A more detailed walkthrough of the S2 mk2 coming soon!

Thanks for the vid. Do you think the mk2 is worth it to buy over the first gen??

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Nice vid man. Can you please let me know what material are rotary pots build out? I really wish they have moved from plastic

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    Thanks for the vid. Do you think the mk2 is worth it to buy over the first gen??
    I picked one up today and I think if you have a first gen already, there isn't a reason to upgrade. But the buttons feel a lot better, the jogs feel better, sound quality and max volume output are improved, among other small things. If you are looking at buying an s4 and deciding between a mk1 or mk2, I would put the mk2 as worth it assuming you aren't on a super tight budget.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Nice vid man. Can you please let me know what material are rotary pots build out? I really wish they have moved from plastic
    The rotary pots are metal now

don't know how to make the pic bigger because i never really post pictures, but here is an iphone pic nonetheless.

IMG_2723.jpg
    Last edited by dfinch805; 10-05-2013 at 05:25 PM. Reason: pic

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dfinch805 View Post
    The rotary pots are metal now

don't know how to make the pic bigger because i never really post pictures, but here is an iphone pic nonetheless.

IMG_2723.jpg
    Thanks for reply.

My question was addressed to rotary pots (EQ, FX) and not rotary encoders

I think the encoders are metal in S4 mkI too. Probably same as for an X1.

Tech Guru

The encoders have always been metal, just checked my X1 Mk1 too. I assume the pots will be plastic as before or they would have advertised it as a new "feature".
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

Thanks for watching the video guys, sorry I haven't responded before.

makar1 has got it right, the pots are still plastic.

I was under the impression they'd been upgraded, but that might be wrong then.

My S2 mk2 arrives today so I'll be looking much more closely at that.

One thing is pretty clear, unless you're crazy about the iOS stuff, it would seem that this one is not a massively compelling upgrade if you own the first gen model. But a worthy investment if you don't.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Mojaxx View Post
    Thanks for watching the video guys, sorry I haven't responded before.

makar1 has got it right, the pots are still plastic.

I was under the impression they'd been upgraded, but that might be wrong then.

My S2 mk2 arrives today so I'll be looking much more closely at that.

One thing is pretty clear, unless you're crazy about the iOS stuff, it would seem that this one is not a massively compelling upgrade if you own the first gen model. But a worthy investment if you don't.
    So with that being said If I am probably not going to be djn with a ipad anytime soon, would the s4 mk2 even be worth it at all? Or would just picking up the s4 mk1 for like half the price make more sense for me. I am pretty torn..

Default To do or not to do?

Great video, but this has made me more confused, should i upgrade to a S4 mk2 or should i get myself a Z2 and some turntables instead?
    I have my S4 mk1 for sale and there has been some guys interested in it, but i'm also thinking of just keeping my old S4.
    If i am going to upgrade to a S4 mk2, it's going to cost me 1800 dkk (danish krone) and for a Z2 its going to cost me 4000 dkk. I am really lost, and want to keep my budget down, so can someone please give my a second opinion or and some good advisees?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast