Should I buy a case or bag with my S4?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Should I buy a case or bag with my S4?

I want to know if it would be worth it buying a case or bag for the S4, I can't seem to find one that I feel comfortable with, like the weight, the size, the price, etc. I just want to know if it is a good idea to buy like a flight case/coffin or bag for the S4 for when I travel. Since I can't find one that fits me, does anybody got any recommendations?
    I would apreciate a link to the website which it was bought and I would perfer US dollars but you can send me it in a different currency.
    MacBook Pro 15" | Traktor Pro 2 | Ableton Live 9 | Traktor Kontrol S4 MK2 | MIDI Fighter 3D | Ableton Push | V-Moda Crossfade M-100 | Bose 901
    We are mortal while we are seeking what we love. When you've found what you love, that is when you achieve Immortality.
    - Supported by River Accorsi -

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

After a few years of humping an NI S4 Flightcase around I decided that for daily use (in the car, taxis etc) i needed something lighter, smaller.

I bought 2 Magma XL cases. One for my S4MK2 and one for my S2MK2 and I wish they had made them years ago. I cannot recommend these highly enough for 'light duties'.

I picked 2 up from the Magma guy at BPM for £70 which was a bargain as Westend wouldn't do them for less that £49 each.

As for cases versus bags. I prefer to have the S4 and the laptop separate. I don't want my whole gig in a bag so I go for a smaller backpack with all my shit in it and the S4 in a separate case.
    Everyone is different and some swear by an all in one backpack.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    After a few years of humping an NI S4 Flightcase around I decided that for daily use (in the car, taxis etc) i needed something lighter, smaller.

I bought 2 Magma XL cases. One for my S4MK2 and one for my S2MK2 and I wish they had made them years ago. I cannot recommend these highly enough for 'light duties'.

I picked 2 up from the Magma guy at BPM for £70 which was a bargain as Westend wouldn't do them for less that £49 each.

As for cases versus bags. I prefer to have the S4 and the laptop separate. I don't want my whole gig in a bag so I go for a smaller backpack with all my shit in it and the S4 in a separate case.
    Everyone is different and some swear by an all in one backpack.

good recommendation but I forgot to mention that the S4 is going to be traveling a lot, like from home to switzerland, back home, to miami, to where ever the hell I am going. I will need like some sort of protection for during the flights.
    MacBook Pro 15" | Traktor Pro 2 | Ableton Live 9 | Traktor Kontrol S4 MK2 | MIDI Fighter 3D | Ableton Push | V-Moda Crossfade M-100 | Bose 901
    We are mortal while we are seeking what we love. When you've found what you love, that is when you achieve Immortality.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Then get the hard flight case. I would not trust my S4 in anything less if it was for travelling.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Then get the hard flight case. I would not trust my S4 in anything less if it was for travelling.
    but its weight is way too much for anything, I need something lightweight and have enough space for cables and connections. There is no space what so ever in it for any connections

I have the magma digicontrol xl back pack, van honestly say I haven't used it yet haha, I got it cheap for £40 on eBay so bought it as that's a bargain and its in spot on condition. Ive put my s4 in there along with 17" macbook and earphones, leads, USB hub, mic, and it is a brilliant bag, padding is pretty good, may be OK if you could get it on as hand luggage if not then as Karlos says would have to be the flight case...every time I go on holiday they break my suitcase, wouldn't trust them with my DJ gear....
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

There are a number of S4 flight case options available. I'd trust Karlos' opinion that a flight case is your best bet if you'll be traveling.

Tech Wizard

I am taking his advice but I am probably going to be packing it in my bag or if not I will take it as carry on if it's not too big or heavy. I don't want to buy an extremely heavy one, but I want one that only fits the S4 and has space for connections and cables.

Tech Wizard

Maybe I'll buy a backpack for the S4, I don't know, a flight case seems too much to buy and I am only going to be using it at home or when i go to the stockli room (room where we have our parties at school) and mix there, but that is all, only time I think it will need protection is when i go to miami in march. But I don't know, it's probably not worth buying a flight case, but it might be usefull, but I am only carrying my S4 to and from my house at school, I think I'll only need a bag for that. At the airport that bag is never leaving my sight. But is it still good to buy a flight case only for a stand and all the organization?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bodhisattva View Post
    but its weight is way too much for anything, I need something lightweight and have enough space for cables and connections. There is no space what so ever in it for any connections
    I fly around for gigs, and was using an s4. After I got off my last flight last night, it didnt work. I was always using a softer case, being gentle, always keeping it around as a carry on. It still happens. If you want to be safe, get a flight case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast