What is best webcam to shoot overhead video of my home DJ sets?

Default What is best webcam to shoot overhead video of my home DJ sets?

Hi there. New to the forum. I need camera techie advice please! I want to be able to easily record video of my DJ mixes at home.. that way, there's live video of the mix that I can upload to Youtube, U-stream broadcasts, etc.. and I specifically want it filming from above.. so that way you can see all three turntables clearly at all times.

so I need a webcam that can be mounted on a suction cup on the wall behind the decks, 2 or 3 feet above. so one of those clip-on webcams won't work. and I need it to be either wireless, or connected by a long USB.. so that way once it's up on the wall, I can activate it and preview what the camera sees on my Macbook Pro - which I will have in front of me to record the vinyl set... since getting at the webcam over the decks would require a stepladder.. this is very important that I be able to control it from my computer.

any ideas? someone suggested GoPro Hero 3. it's obviously excellent quality, but it is pricey, and lots of customer reviews complain that thiers didn't work, and the replacement didnt work either. and it seems like I'd have to buy at least a couple accessories to be able to use it properly

does anyone have any recommendations or easy-to-use cams that would fit this bill? this video stuff is all new to me..

thanks in advance!

Tech Mentor

Logictech c920. Great cam with good quality

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydon34 View Post
    Logictech c920. Great cam with good quality
    Was about to say the same thing. Great camera.

Tech Guru

Also the c920 actually has a hole on the bottom that can be used with a tripod mount.

Tech Mentor

I actually just posted a few pics of my setup and links to the products I used to pull it off. http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=76767.

Tech Guru

c920 hands down. I have 4 of them and they work great with wirecast, flash media encoder and camtwist.