What black slabs of wax (vinyl) have you bought this week? - Page 2
Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

As for LA Club Resources, I can't remember where I saw the release schedule. I think I read Delroy talking about the Gene Hunt one in an interview. As for the Jackson one, I either saw it online or my mate told me that. He does distribution for a lot of these guys in Europe so he tends to know. Been trying to hit him up for a copy of Naple's release on Probito but there's been some delay or other.

Tech Guru

@Thumper

Haha yes, know what you mean about the problems with the mrs. I only seriously started buying again bout year and a half ago after not having bought any in years, and certainly is now obsessive!

Yeah looking forward to the next two Dixon Ave releases, last one was killer. think there was issues with the mastering on the latest one and thats why 007 came out before 006. Vernon one sounds big, but after hearing the Marquis Hawkes thats gonna kill it.

Yeah Mad Disrespect is a great EP, though Naples has killed it on several other labels since, and here's hoping he signs plenty more tasty bits for Proibito. His one on Rubadub and Trilogy Tapes were amazing stuff, which reminds me I still need to pick up the last couple of the Trilogy Tapes bits.

Man I need that White Material EP, its big! I'll have to try find a copy!

If I didn't have Berlin coming up, I'd be all over the stuff thats come out this week, there's been a lot of it, but always the same this time of year. Hopefully can pick up plenty of new bits on me travels, plenty of shops to go digging through.

Did manage to pick up a few older bits of Discogs tonight though, namely: Brother G and Alex Danilov on Rawax, an old Rio Padice on Housewax,Professor Inc on Speshall, Funkineven Apron EP as I missed the repress and MGUN Upstairs Apartment EP.

Too much wax out!
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Tech Mentor

Naple's Rubadub release was the record of the year for me, I think, which is pretty good going as there have been some absolute corkers this year. I'm delighted that that Rubadub have started doing this sort of thing. My friend works for them and handles a lot of the distribution for some real, big names (you should see his phones address book. It's like an A-Z of house and techno aristocracy) and I love the fact they're really big on supporting the music and artists they think are special, kind of like Hardwax do in Berlin. having said that, I fully expect to get an email from them tomorrow telling me they sold the last White Material ep, and would I like a refund instead! They're good lads, though. You'll never meet a bunch of people who know their stuff so well.

I have to admit that I'm not even a vinyl purist anymore but you got to support the artists you like, don't you? If we don't, who will? I've seen some special scenes in my time, and even though I barely go out anymore, I like keep an eye and and ear on it all. And I have to tell you, it does me good to see that there are young kids coming through who are every bit as nuts about dirty, wonky, nasty acid house and techno as me and my mates were way back in the early 90s.

Tech Mentor

I've been informed by a friend that the 4 White Material releases might be getting represses in the near future. Don't know how true that is. Hope so. they deserve to sell loads.

How do you find Discogs? I've never bought anything from it before for some reason. I think I subconsciously avoid it because I can see myself throwing down some serious lolly down on early Blake Baxter or Eddie Fowlkes releases. .

Crack. Yes. A rock of crack as big as the Ritz, in fact.

Tech Guru

Yeah discogs is pretty good to find stuff you missed out on although there always a massive price hike on limited stuff. But you can pick up the occasional bargain.

Well didn't make it through the weekend without buying any vinyl, as I thought I'd have a little browse in the local record shop, although glad I did as I picked up a copy of Vakula on Leleka 02 infact, which I've been hunting for for a while, and for 8 wuid, currently going for about 30 on discogs so bargain really.

Also picked up a couple of old skudge records and Joy orbison on Hinge Finger.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Got Eprom's Halflife album coming in the mail. Listening to the digital album that was just released. Absolutely mind blowing production value on this one. I was able to see Eprom live this year, and he blew me away with his live set. Can't wait to get the vinyl already!
    S O U N D C L O U D / / / DEEP DUBSTEP/BASS/JUKE/JUNGLE/FUTURE BASS / / / KID SIMBAH

Vestax PDX 2000 x 2, Shure M44-7, Traktor Kontrol Z2, Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Midi Fighter Pro Beat Masher, Maschine MK1

Tech Guru

Ok so the vinyl bug hit again, caved in a day before berlin and bought:

VernoN on Dixon Avenue Basement Jams
    Legowelt on LIES

Oh well...

Here's to buying much more this weekend.

Tech Mentor

Redeye aren't sending my copy of the VerNon one until the Marquis Hawkes one is released. Couple of weeks to go. I'm trying to avoid buying any more LIES stuff for the time being; Ron Morelli's had enough of my money this year...

Ordered Firebomb by Rezzit on Trilogy Tapes and
    'Jealous God' by James Ruskin. Should come tomorrow.

The Rezzit one is ace. It sounds like the sort of music I try to make - or would if I had any talent.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Redeye aren't sending my copy of the VerNon one until the Marquis Hawkes one is released. Couple of weeks to go. I'm trying to avoid buying any more LIES stuff for the time being; Ron Morelli's had enough of my money this year...

Ordered Firebomb by Rezzit on Trilogy Tapes and
    'Jealous God' by James Ruskin. Should come tomorrow.

The Rezzit one is ace. It sounds like the sort of music I try to make - or would if I had any talent.
    Nice pickups Thumper.

Havent bought any of the recent TTT ones yet, in my cart on discogs waiting for me to hit that order button.
    Not sure if its the discogs account of TTT, but thats all they sell and for 8 quid a pop worth buying from them.

Haven't heard the Rezzit one, I'll have to check it out. Don't think I've checked out the Ruskin one either.

By the time I get back should have the VernoN one. TBH i havent picked up that many LIES releases, although there's rather a lot I want, all stupid prices now though.

Probably have a rather large update of wax after Berlin.

Tech Mentor

I'm not the world's biggest Ruskin fan but I liked this one. I don't usually go for 'proper' techno so much these days but it's nice to have a change, innit?

The thing about LIES is that they are almost too prolific. I think they must be running at about two releases a month just now, and then some. If I just bought their stuff, I wouldn't be able to buy anything else.

When you off to Berlin? I like the place a lot but I don't think I can be bothered with the nightlife side of it now, as great as it is. Did all that on a stag weekend there a few years back. It says a lot about your average Berlinner that they still let Scots into the city after that.......One of the best places in Europe to chill, though. Going to Vienna at the end of next month. Never been before. Going to be clearing the mixes of the iPod to make room for Mozart, I think.

Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast