What black slabs of wax (vinyl) have you bought this week? - Page 79
Page 79 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29697576777879808182 LastLast

I've been rebuilding my old collection starting with my most memorable whites and then working into tracks that don't have a proper digital release yet

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    Well, my binge orders from decks, deejay and clone have arrived by now (good thing I just sold my Electribe MX on ebay, so my conscience is somewhat at ease). I'm way too lazy to list it all, so I'll just mention some highlights :

Paranoid London 2LP
    Ringard - Especial Vol. 1 [Dance Around 88] (love that label, one of a nice bunch of quality labels from France atm)
    Ross From Friends - Alex Brown EP [Breaker Breaker] (yet another buy due to Thumper's blog)
    The Burrell Connection - Pollok County Classics [West End Communications]
    The Royal Crown of Sweden - R.e.g.a.l.i.e.r. Repress [Proibito]
    Kartei - Lichtgarten [WT Records]
    Herzel - Shades [Hivern Discs]
    Daze - Neuromance [Lobster Theremin]
    The Nuclear Family - Come Dine With Us
    Unknown Artist - Future Times 12
    Roy Davis Jr - All I Do and some more records from FXHE and related labels (stuff by OB Ignitt, Big Strick and Omar himself)
    I love the Ross From Friends one. Ah, The Burrel Collection. Yeah, I keep meaning to find out some stuff about West End Communications. They're yet another wee Glasgow label. I've a couple of releases by them. I must ask around.

The Nuclear family - I feel bad about that. I met Tom at an after party a few weeks back but I haven't actually listened to any of it yet. I'll have to stick it on. Turns out he went to school with the Unspecified Enemies guys.

Glasgow - sometimes it feels weirdly like the musical centre of the world.

Haven't bought anything in a couple of weeks. Might blast some represses but the stack is just so full of unlistened stuff just now. Need to catch up.

Tech Mentor

Any chance you could shrink those pictures down a bit please mate? Was also wondering whether your getting us confused with that other vinyl thread down the page a wee bit?

The cafe del mar one looks mint which is surprising considering it's an original press and can definitely tell its older by weight of the vinyl

Umm just posting ones I grabbed as I get
    Them... Rebuilding my old back catalog of vinyl slowly one by one purchasing them... I can quit posting in here that's for sure I'm not sure which thread down the way your talking about but no worries...

The new tapatalk doesn't allow me to select image size when it uploads

Tech Mentor

Nobodies telling you not to post your pictures here, but there is a thread half the page down called ' The Big Vinyl Lovers thread'
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=86778

Which is full of pictures people have taken of their records.

Gotcha will reference that one instead of this one maybe

Tech Guru

So due to the new job I don't really get on here that much, no where near as much as before.

Some nice stuff there @3heads, I must check out that Ross From friends one, now you and Thumper have dived in.

I've tried to keep the buying to a minimum as my new buy listening pile is growing ever bigger and really do need to spend some time digging through. I have managed to listen to the Juju & Jordash album a couple of times, and have to say it really is a very good record! As well the Zum Goldenen Schwarm - Aufgang which is amazing, great dub techno / ambient meanderings.

So past week has seen orders of;

Aquarian Foundation - Planet Of Discipline on Total Stasis (Thankfully managed to grab a copy of the repress, well 2 actually)
    CC Not - Geo Fi on Acting Press
    Ramzi ‎– Etwal Timoun on Total Stasis
    Unknown Artist (Well, Florian Kupfer) - Sad Edits on on Sad Edit
    Rezzett - Goodness on The Trilogy Tapes
    Mix Mup - Skip Intro on The Trilogy Tapes

So patiently waiting for them all to arrive at the moment, will take the listening pile to well over 50 when they do.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Tech Mentor

I picked up that Aquarian Foundation one too. Not sure why, I'm not actually that big a fan. And there are places round here I could get lynched for saying that! I do like this one, though. The Rezzet is a belterre or a record. My favourite TTT since I don't know when.

What else? Stingray/Mariska Neerman on Bleep43

An Oliver Who Factory thing I know next to nothing about. Promo that went feral I think. Got it at VU.

repress of Stomp by Boyd Jarvis on Echovolt (that's my tip of the day, by the way. Great old New York House)

And the new Person of Interest. Still the best thing on an increasingly ho hum LIES.

Couple more I meant to get but forgot, including a great one by/on(?) Cul-De-Sac. I'll get that ordered soon. Also the new Adesse Versions on Numbers is nice.

I'm also going to be all over the new version of Drexciya's Black Sea like a blooming rash. Might get my pre order in tomorrow, actually. One of the three greatest tunes of all time. Yeah, that's right: of all time. It's everything Detroit techno means to me - cosmic, beautiful, wistful an hard as all the nails. Those of you who haven't yet fallen in love with Drexciya -damn good place to start. The original was ever present in my bag for years and I only ever had it on the CD release of Journey Home and a well played Tresor compilation.