What black slabs of wax (vinyl) have you bought this week?
Page 1 of 82 123451151 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default What black slabs of wax (vinyl) have you bought this week?

Just wanted to see what wax people had been spending their hard earned money on?

Myself, I picked up the new;

Delroy Edwards on LA Club Resource
    Delroy Edwards vs Funkineven on Apron Records
    Dungeon Meat/SE62 on My Love is Underground

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    Just wanted to see what wax people had been spending their hard earned money on?

Dungeon Meat/SE62 on My Love is Underground
    YES! Just picked this up myself

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by matrick View Post
    YES! Just picked this up myself
    Yeah, pure quality this, excited to see what happens with the Dungeon Meat label, big colab!
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

for def. big record. looking forward to hearing more.

Tech Mentor

A few oldies I'd been after for a while ....

DJ Edge - Edge1
    Rhythm Section - Atomic EP
    Rhythm Section - Midsummer Madness EP
    Tim Taylor - The Horn Track

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post

Delroy Edwards on LA Club Resource
    Delroy Edwards vs Funkineven on Apron Records
    Both of those, by coincidence. Also, the new (actually old) Move D thing, a Tyree Cooper reissue which I meant to buy months ago. A copy of the remastered Divergence group (Regis and Female, I think), which, again I meant to get months ago. The last Funkinevel 12, The Bookworms 12 on Anomia and the Bookworms/Greg Beato split 12 on Russian Torrent versions ( which is a splinter label of LIES by all accounts.) Should have Dark acid vol 1 on Clan Destine Traxx arriving tomorrow as well. Ordered it a while back from Phonica but they sent me the wrong one.

The new Delroy Edwards label look like it might be interesting. Gene Hunt and Hank Jackson releases to come next. Also, really looking forward to the next Probito release. The last two have been great; Naple's has been on a brilliant run.

The two Edwards 12s are awesome.

Spent a bit this week. Should probably tone it down next week, but there's the new DJ Qu, the Shawn O Sullivan on Avian, the New DJ Spider and a couple of others.....

Vinyl. It's worse than crack.

bought this the other day at a local thrift shop. payed only $2 for it (as its $2 per piece) turned out it had 2 more battle break records along with it. cleaned it yesterday and it still worked its magic!

20131007_1611541.jpg
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Both of those, by coincidence. Also, the new (actually old) Move D thing, a Tyree Cooper reissue which I meant to buy months ago. A copy of the remastered Divergence group (Regis and Female, I think), which, again I meant to get months ago. The last Funkinevel 12, The Bookworms 12 on Anomia and the Bookworms/Greg Beato split 12 on Russian Torrent versions ( which is a splinter label of LIES by all accounts.) Should have Dark acid vol 1 on Clan Destine Traxx arriving tomorrow as well. Ordered it a while back from Phonica but they sent me the wrong one.

The new Delroy Edwards label look like it might be interesting. Gene Hunt and Hank Jackson releases to come next. Also, really looking forward to the next Probito release. The last two have been great; Naple's has been on a brilliant run.

The two Edwards 12s are awesome.

Spent a bit this week. Should probably tone it down next week, but there's the new DJ Qu, the Shawn O Sullivan on Avian, the New DJ Spider and a couple of others.....

Vinyl. It's worse than crack.
    Thats some real nice pickups there Thumper! Deffo worse han crack.

Yeah looking forward to the next Proibito too, last Local Artist one was big, and Huerco S killed it on the first one.

Didnt know Gene Hunt and Hank Jackson would be coming up on LA Resource, deffo good news, though still need to pick up the last Hank Jackson one on Mister Staurday Night.

Had to keep it rather small this week, went a bit over the top last month. And I've got a trip to Berlin coming up.

Anyone know when the new Moodymann album is dropping, was suppose to be last month?
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

My latest order from Toolbox came yesterday (minus one record that didn't make it into the package). Probably not anything anyone here would be into but.

Tommers - Future Frequencies 2
    Tankorr - Neurotrope 25
    v/a - Color Your Brain Black
    bRz - LZN 3
    Stije - Huppel 3
    v/a - Hypnotik 10
    Uncredited - Obs.Cur Blk Ltd 01

A picture of the labels/cover art:

1374164_389558567837163_9525705_n.jpg

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by frequencym View Post
    My latest order from Toolbox came yesterday (minus one record that didn't make it into the package). Probably not anything anyone here would be into but.
    Oh, I don't know. I just listened to the Tankorr one on Youtube. I can see myself playing that late on in a set with a bunch of old school movers. Probably have to pitch it down a wee bit though.

@Amadeus. The Hank Jackson on Mr Saturday Night is great. Their best release since 'Mad Disrespect.' I thought the Local Artist one was brilliant. I've been playing Mr Kiwis in and out of some banging Chicago tunes - it goes really nicely with Green Velvet's Preacherman....

Got an Email today from Juno that the new White Material EP had come out. I was at work at the time so tried to buy it via my phone. Between me getting the email, and trying to pay for it it went out of stock....that's about 3 minutes. Had a crappy day but that almost pushed me over the edge. Mad rush when I got a computer to get a copy. Should have one coming from Rubadub along with Dark Acid 3. Got the Kupfer/Vereker split on Russian Torrents coming too....

I've got to stop this. Just paid off my credit card about 30 minutes ago. It wiped my savings for this month. When I got back into it all a year or two ago, I told my GF there wouldn't be anymore vinyl......just Downloads.

Ah well, It's good to have a (deeply obsessive) hobby.

Lol. She's just reminded me I've got the next two Dixon Avenue releases on pre-order at Redeye as well!

Page 1 of 82 123451151 ... LastLast