What black slabs of wax (vinyl) have you bought this week? - Page 82
Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32727879808182
    Tech Mentor

Too many to list. Spent £200 on wax since Saturday. Fair enough, one of them was a mint Discogs special that cost me an arm, but it's still getting a bit heavy. More about that one on a future Friday Night Tune on Pattern Burst as it's one that had a big effect on me.

Other than that, highlights this week include the repress of Hood's Minimal Nation, Test Pilot Volume 2 on viewlexx, The Faces of Drums vol 2 on Mathematics, and Head Front Panel 10.5 on Tabernacle. Oh, and another Discogs gem: Dot Dot Dash by Chaos on Metroplex - was an anthem of sorts for us back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    You got those from Discogs, yeah? I would think the best bet is to stick to them but scour the marketplace until you find US only dealer. I think A1 in New York does a lot of second hand stuff, but I don't know exactly what or how old.

As for me, can't remember exactly what I've bought since I last posts here, but got some Discogs stuff myself: Ian Pooley mix of Wicked Wipes 'Rock Da House', Plasmids by TataBox Inhibitors, and 'Looking' by Nicholas. Got a whole bunch of electro and ghetto house in my Discogs basket too - just waiting until payday.

Newer stuff.....got the Steve Poindexter/Jamal Moss thing on Mathematics - Face In Drum I think the project is called, the repress of Kill Bill by IBM and that nice house record by those Estonian Guys, the name of which totally eludes me just now.

Other recent highlights includes the Fettburger/Locano Hands of Doom2 one which is ace, and EMG on Barbecued Heroin (can never REMEBER the lable's real name). 5 Ways to Jack by DMX Krew, the New Ultradyne (which kills, by the way,) And the new Blawan.
    My apologies for taking so long to respond...things have been a bit hectic here lately.

I will check out A1, and I will try to work on my patience: usually, when I hear something I like, I want it *now*, so waiting to find a domestic vendor that has it is a real struggle for me :-)

Thanks!

Lynn

Tech Student

Hi,I'm a long time reader, first time poster

Having been pretty much digital only for the last 5 years I have got back in to vinyl in a big way over the last 6 months.
    Here are a few of the many I've picked up in that time...

Details 1 (Details)
    Laurence Guy - Kojak EP (Church)
    Mome- Tikka Ep (Housewax)
    Compassion Crew - VHSS (Dolly)
    R Zone - Onefourone (R Zone)
    HOM - Feldspar
    Junktion - The Great Unknown Ep (Sleazy Beats Black Ops)
    Junktion - Monologue EP Slow Town
    Jared Wilson - Unknown Desires (DABJ)

The list goes on and on! Loving it so much. I'll keep updating in the forum as often as can. Cheers.
    Dan

Not bought any wax for a few months as my disposable cash has been going on other things, however this month I did pick up this Paradise Garage classic off Discogs

and also this Ron Hardy favorite

I bought the original version although I already have the Ron's Edit slate.

One of the biggest challenges as a DJ living in Amman, is getting hold of vinyl. There is nowhere to purchase new music locally, so it is the case of importing them from overseas. Which involves dealing with the lack of a door-to-door postal system and running the gauntlet of local customs. Consequently, I am trying to pick & chose my new release purchases carefully!

As to the latest batch:

Adesse Versions - Ghost [White] 12"
    Superb moody, dubby, stripped back deep house reworking of the classic 80s synth track 'Ghosts' by Japan.

Sound System - Bass Affairs 12" [Sound Stream] 12"
    Julie's Theme was one of my go to tunes in 2012/3, so was pretty pleased to see a new Sound System release finally land. A tune that is appearing on DJ charts, left right & centre!

Antoni Maiovvi - Tusk Wax 17 [Tusk Wax] 12"
    Tusk Wax has been producing top-class limited [400 or 500] vinyl-only releases for four years now; such that I am now picking each new release without needing to listen to them in advance. This is no exception...acid /disco / house tunes that Andrew Weatherall & Sean Johnson love to feature at their ALFOS gigs.

Chamboche - Tusk Wax 18 [Tusk Wax] 12"
    More slo-mo house, acid madness from Londoner Sam Williams aka Chamboche.

Analog Players Society - Coule Ba Versions 12" [Discovery Recordings]
    JKriv rework of a cool summer tune from a couple of years ago, produces a nice 80s afro-boogie version.

Loose Joints - Is It All Over My Face (re-issue with new mixes) [West End] 12"
    A re-issue of the disco classic, that features a new Kon edit, alongside a couple of previously unreleased versions. Essential if you like disco.

Laurel Aitken - Sexy Boogie / Hoochie Coochie Man [Emotional Rescue] 12"
    Re-issue of impossible to find late 70s Caribbean Boogie/reggae double-header.

Formula 1 - Walking With My Eyes Closed [Athens Of The North] 7"
    AOTN started re-issuing hard to find funk & soul tunes on 45s last year, with each new release becoming essential purchases, as they are great for early evening / warm-up sets.

Idris Ackamoor & The Pyramids - Rhapsody In Berlin Pt 1 & 2 [Philophon]
    New afro-beat / funk 45 that I have quickly fallen in love with. Getting a lot of love from DJs on the funk & soul scene.

I'll try and post to this thread regularly.
    Technics 1200 x2 | Pioneer XDJ-1000 x2 | Pioneer DJM-900SRT | Mukatsuku Record Weights x2 | Serato DJ | Rekordbox | Pioneer EFX-500 | Ableton Live 9 | Push | Roland TR-8 | Roland TB-3 | Roland System-1 | Korg MS-10 | Akai MPC-2500 | Mackie Onyx 1620i | Apogee Duet | MOTU Micro Lite | Tapco S-8 Monitors
    www.slidingdownthebanister.com www.facebook.com/SlidingDownTheBanister

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sliding down the banister View Post
    One of the biggest challenges as a DJ living in Amman, is getting hold of vinyl. There is nowhere to purchase new music locally, so it is the case of importing them from overseas. Which involves dealing with the lack of a door-to-door postal system and running the gauntlet of local customs. Consequently, I am trying to pick & chose my new release purchases carefully!

As to the latest batch:

Adesse Versions - Ghost [White] 12"
    Superb moody, dubby, stripped back deep house reworking of the classic 80s synth track 'Ghosts' by Japan.

Sound System - Bass Affairs 12" [Sound Stream] 12"
    Julie's Theme was one of my go to tunes in 2012/3, so was pretty pleased to see a new Sound System release finally land. A tune that is appearing on DJ charts, left right & centre!

Antoni Maiovvi - Tusk Wax 17 [Tusk Wax] 12"
    Tusk Wax has been producing top-class limited [400 or 500] vinyl-only releases for four years now; such that I am now picking each new release without needing to listen to them in advance. This is no exception...acid /disco / house tunes that Andrew Weatherall & Sean Johnson love to feature at their ALFOS gigs.

Chamboche - Tusk Wax 18 [Tusk Wax] 12"
    More slo-mo house, acid madness from Londoner Sam Williams aka Chamboche.

Analog Players Society - Coule Ba Versions 12" [Discovery Recordings]
    JKriv rework of a cool summer tune from a couple of years ago, produces a nice 80s afro-boogie version.

Loose Joints - Is It All Over My Face (re-issue with new mixes) [West End] 12"
    A re-issue of the disco classic, that features a new Kon edit, alongside a couple of previously unreleased versions. Essential if you like disco.

Laurel Aitken - Sexy Boogie / Hoochie Coochie Man [Emotional Rescue] 12"
    Re-issue of impossible to find late 70s Caribbean Boogie/reggae double-header.

Formula 1 - Walking With My Eyes Closed [Athens Of The North] 7"
    AOTN started re-issuing hard to find funk & soul tunes on 45s last year, with each new release becoming essential purchases, as they are great for early evening / warm-up sets.

Idris Ackamoor & The Pyramids - Rhapsody In Berlin Pt 1 & 2 [Philophon]
    New afro-beat / funk 45 that I have quickly fallen in love with. Getting a lot of love from DJs on the funk & soul scene.

I'll try and post to this thread regularly.
    Wow, some nice, nice stuff there. Have to agree that Athens Of The North are doing some major work just now. If I had more time (and money) I'd be all over there stuff, but I think as a soul fan it would be the slippy road and I'd end up bankrupting myself buying super rare Northern Soul 45s on Discogs.

Ditto for Tusk Wax. Very impressive label.

Tech Wizard

Just getting into vinyl and managed to pick up 200 trance records for £90. Went through the lot and at least 100 are absolute classics!

Chuffed with my purchase

Bayo Damazio - Listen to the music 12" from Hard Wax in Berlin!

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32727879808182