What black slabs of wax (vinyl) have you bought this week? - Page 78
Page 78 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182 LastLast
    Schalenberg

Cheers for the input. So much music out there. It's tough to find the good stuff sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Both. Lots of recommendations from friends, contacts, etc. Much the same as I always have, to be honest. It's always been a case of following the threads and seeing where it takes you. You know, a mate says record A is good so you check out the record and the artist and the label and the other artists etc...follow the threads and listen to whatever you can whenever you can. The clips too, obviously. Some stuff I buy on spec for a variety of reasons, other stuff I hum and haw about for a while.

I'll be honest. Whilst I like Soundcloud for getting hold of new mixes, I find the utter lack of any form of quality control renders the site useless for scoping new music. That's just my opinion: Lots of people round here love it.

Read blogs and websites. Read between the lines. Go into actual shops and dig dig dig until your arms hurt. Read my blog. I'll keep you right...
    Thumper does have a great blog. Listening to clips from online stores is always good. Youtube can actually be quite good if you know what channels to subscribe to. Store your items on discogs and then find other releases by the labels or artists you like.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

What Thumper said. Redeye and Vinylunderground have a very nice selection in terms of house. I often use them to look for music, even though I rarely order through them (especially now that the Euro's value has gone to shit).

Today's arrivals:

Call Super - Fluenka Mitsu [Nous]
    NGLY - LIES19.5 Repress
    Daywalker + CF - Supersonic Transport [LIES]
    Inhalants - Inhalants [LIES]

And I just put in two big orders at decks and clone. Will tell you about those when the packages arrive.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Mentor

I don't know if there has been a change to YouTube recently, or whether it has always been like that, but the 'other recomendations' column at the right hand side seems largely based on what you have already previously viewed rather than what you are currently watching. Just makes it a little harder to find linked stuff.

But yes. My blog is generally regarded as the world's foremost authority on house and techno. Actually, Tonka's blog is, but he's knocking it on the head so I'll be making my move...

Redeye and Juno are both better sites that VU for following the threads. But for actual selection of house (even more than techno I think,) VU is pretty much the king.
    Last edited by Thumper; 03-23-2015 at 10:58 AM.

Just grabbed the new Sonny Fodera/Gene Farris track "We work it" from Juno

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    Just grabbed the new Sonny Fodera/Gene Farris track "We work it" from Juno
    What the hell are you doing on this side of the tracks? You get some decks?
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Years ago I had this and loved it but when I sold off my entire collection and gear 11+ years ago it went and I've kicked myself everyday because of it

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    What the hell are you doing on this side of the tracks? You get some decks?
    Not yet lol. Will be buying one soon for strictly listening then eventually I'll get some 1200s.

Well, my binge orders from decks, deejay and clone have arrived by now (good thing I just sold my Electribe MX on ebay, so my conscience is somewhat at ease). I'm way too lazy to list it all, so I'll just mention some highlights :

Paranoid London 2LP
    Ringard - Especial Vol. 1 [Dance Around 88] (love that label, one of a nice bunch of quality labels from France atm)
    Ross From Friends - Alex Brown EP [Breaker Breaker] (yet another buy due to Thumper's blog)
    The Burrell Connection - Pollok County Classics [West End Communications]
    The Royal Crown of Sweden - R.e.g.a.l.i.e.r. Repress [Proibito]
    Kartei - Lichtgarten [WT Records]
    Herzel - Shades [Hivern Discs]
    Daze - Neuromance [Lobster Theremin]
    The Nuclear Family - Come Dine With Us
    Unknown Artist - Future Times 12
    Roy Davis Jr - All I Do and some more records from FXHE and related labels (stuff by OB Ignitt, Big Strick and Omar himself)
    Last edited by 3heads; 03-28-2015 at 04:58 PM.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/