Buying stuff when you have absolutely no need of it - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I bought 1 pro dslr, 1 gopro, 1 pro lens, 1 tripod, 1 midi keyboard, 1 controller (sold), 1 traktor a6, 1 traktor f1, 1 mixer, 1 turntable, 1 samsung phone, and a few records in a span of 6 months.

I want to buy another TT but my wife told me that I need to play in a club first before I can buy one, and I just started. That would take years. so I think it would be one temporary solution for my RGAS.

I'm lucky my wife haven't left me yet.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

I have had this problem my whole life with tech gear because Im a super big geek. Now put that on top of the fact that I have been DJing less then a year and you have a real problem. I love buying new gear.

I pay full retail for a new phone like once every 6 months. It takes a sick individual to spend $700 plus on a phone every 6 months.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

It takes a sick individual to spend $700 plus on ANYTHING every 6 months.
    Fixed

I once waited for a bus @ a bus stop and since i had time, decided to look inside a fishing/hunting store that was behind it (needed a birthday present for my father). Needless to say, I exited the store with a full on, 5mm diving suit. I don't dive. It's still in my closet.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I'm going through it at the moment. Have an S4 and using Traktor Pro 2 but I have this nagging intrigue about Serato DJ in my head making me want to buy new hardware and try a Serato setup out. Might buy a cheap second hand Twitch ti get it out of my system, as opposed to the Pioneer DDJ-SX that I have been eyeing up!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

I bought a ddj-sx, an upgrade from a hercules control mp3 e2.
    Do i regret it? Kind of.
    More limitations make you think more about what you are going to put in your set. When i overgrew the standard hercules, i learned to code in VDJ to make my own mappings. And quite honestly, i was more creative with the hercules then than i am now with my ddj-sx.
    But i guess it's just a part of moving on, i love my SX now, and i love how serato is limited compared to traktor. Because if i chose traktor as my to-go platform, now i'd probably have an s4 laying in the corner of my room, instead of having a residency.
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Just got my birthday present. Tech 1210 MK2's. I really don't _need_ them, but sometimes it's hard to distinguish between need and want really freakin bad.

I need to thank my ex for divorcing me and leaving me with disposable income.

Um yeah everything I go visit my parents they ask me if I'm still wasting my life away buying stuff I don't need..... Yup

Probably have close to 3k worth of stuff I have touched once and just sitting in the box because I thought I needed it.

Someone talk me out of buying Komplete 9. I have Live 9 suite, but I feel like the sounds I've heard coming from Komplete 9 are just too good to pass up!

You can make sounds similar to Komplete 9 in Live 9 Suite with a number of software synths you already own.

Good enough?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast