Music That Will Never Die
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Music That Will Never Die

After posting on a recent thread about how EDM music is outdated after a matter of days or weeks due to the current technological age, it got me thinking. Someone replied stating that some songs never get outdated and will always feature.

I'm just curious as to what songs fit into that mould by people here?
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Tech Guru

All of the stuff from the original house heads stuff from the likes of Kerri Chandler, Mike Huckay, Rick Wade, Theo Parrish, Moodymann, the list could go on and on.

Dance music that goes out of date after a few weeks aint worth buying, and if it goes out of date, was it really that good in the beginning? Probably not.

It's also due to the amount of stuff that comes out digitally, and is disposable, things move fast.

I buy vinyl, and everything gets played, no matter of how long ago it came out.

Music with sell by dates, just aint worth it.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

I think there will always be a place for French house. Of course you got the classic Daft Punk jams, but then stuff like Modjo, Cassius, Justice, etc. I'll always find a way to get some of that sound into my sets.

Northern soul.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Schalenberg

Oscar G. - Dark Beat

rock n roll

It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    All of the stuff from the original house heads stuff from the likes of Kerri Chandler, Mike Huckay, Rick Wade, Theo Parrish, Moodymann, the list could go on and on.

Dance music that goes out of date after a few weeks aint worth buying, and if it goes out of date, was it really that good in the beginning? Probably not.

It's also due to the amount of stuff that comes out digitally, and is disposable, things move fast.

I buy vinyl, and everything gets played, no matter of how long ago it came out.

Music with sell by dates, just aint worth it.
    +100

Tech Guru

All music sounds of a time and age. The difference is that quality will always remain quality and therefore will stand up in a set. There are many great tunes within genres such as disco, soul, italo, house, funk, hip hop, acid jazz etc that will be playable for ages.
    I have records by Miguel Migs, FK, Kerri, Ferrer etc that have never left my box.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

what zimfella said. So much of that early, classic house has been used over and over again in samples or remixes, it will never go away. Mr Fingers, Frankie Knuckles, Farley Jackmaster Funk, Steve Silk Hurley, Liddell Townsell, Todd Terry, Phuture.

I'm really loving Dance by Earth People right now.
    Love & Happiness by River Ocean featuring India:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast