Nobody responded and I NEED HELP ASAP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nobody responded and I NEED HELP ASAP!

HEY i need help I have been trying to figure this out,

I usually DJ with my traktor s4 and my macbook pro,

i know have a gig at a club where I must use 2 CDJ2000 and a DJM800 , running through a Rene SL4 sound card, into my macbook.

the problem I am having is making the cdj work with Traktor! i can play music through the soundsystem, but the cdj does not do anything.

any help is welcome please,

thanks

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

You cannot use traktor timecode with a Rane soundcard. It has to be an NI soundcard or certified mixer.

Can't you use the CDJ in HID mode with Traktor?

http://www.native-instruments.com/kn...+TRAKTOR+PRO+2
    Last edited by jdownesbaird; 10-12-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    Can't you use in in HID mode with Traktor?
    Yeah, use the soundcard to put your sound to the mixer, then plug the CDJ's directly into your MBP.

http://www.native-instruments.com/kn...+TRAKTOR+PRO+2

That should explain the process. This essentially means the CDJs are just midi controllers. Why not just use your S4? If you're going to use CDJs it would be less effort to RekordBox the portion of library you would need and put it on your USB and just use the CDJ2000's raw. It's exactly like using a midi controller, just with fat platters.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

I was thinking of putting everything on my USB and using that, probably be way easier. But HID mode only works if you are not using a dedicated soundcard (i believe) . Everything is running through the rene sl4, which is a serato scratch sound card. The club doesnt let you use your own equipment because of people screwing things up in the past. So now you can either use the cdjs with usb or plug your laptop through the sl4 soundcard.

and thank you for actually responding people, it is appreciated!

Tech Guru

Traktor needs to be version 2.5 or higher and the cdj's firmware might need to be updated if it hasn't been since they were bought. Easiest option for you that they may allow, is if you had a sound card (don't believe you can use the sl4 with Traktor), you could just plug the cdj's into your MacBook, and then run 2 separate RCA's to channels 1+4. That wouldn't mess with any of their wiring setup. Might be better off just using Serato or Recordbox though. Both programs you can download for free....no storing music on USB necessary

Tech Guru

You can use SL boxes for Traktor output but you need the drivers installed. You also need to be on Traktor 2.5.1 or later to use Advanced HID.

http://dj.rane.com/products/sl4-for-...-scratch-live/ > Downloads
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

LOL @ Rene

Tech Mentor

Okay okay okay....

this video should help, it shows you how to use the soundcards within the cdj 2000's as well as setting up HID. all you will need is two usbs going into your laptop (one from each cdj).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast