Using Maschine in Traktor

Default Using Maschine in Traktor

A few months ago I bought a Maschine Mikro. Just yesterday I bought Traktor, just the software. I'd like to use it in conjunction with my Mikro, but I'm not exactly sure how to map it to do exactly what I want it to do.

As simple as I can put it; I want this to happen when I press that.

That's really all I know. Back when I used Mixxx, there was a Midi map wizard thingy that basically said the function, then asked you to press the button that you want that function to be triggered by.

Also, I believe that modifiers could help in this, so that when I press "Scene" or "Pattern", it would change all the controls of that 16 pads on the front, so that I could say control hotcues, simple stuff (press play, sync, cue/cup, etc.), and press another button that changes them all to control a certain remix deck. If you're not smelling what I'm stepping in, let me know, this might make no sense at all.

Thanks in advance

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Totaly make sense You will need one toggle type modifier mapped to the button of your choice.

Add in Modifier 1
    Modifier conditions / M1=0
    Type of controller-button
    Interaction mode-direct
    Set to value-1

Add in Modifier 1
    Modifier conditions / M1=1
    Type of controller-button
    Interaction mode-direct
    Set to value-0

Map your transport controls and give it modifier condition of M1=0
    Map your remix deck and give it modifier condition of M1=1

Thanks a bunch for the answer Stewe! That makes a bit more sense. I should probably rewind the tape first though, as I'm still not sure how to map a certain button to a certain function. (I'm probably overthinking this and it's common sense...)

Thanks for the reply Stewe! Makes more sense.

I'd also like to know how to simply map a function to a button. (I'm probably overthinking this, so I apologize if I seem like I have no common sense.