What Controller?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default What Controller?

Right, my head hurts as I am stuck with what controller to go for (going to switch to Serato DJ)!

I have very limited space and was thinking of going for the Vestax VCI-400 but then thought that I have a smashing Xone-92 sat in the loft doing nothing so what can I do to use that??

I will have the 1210's out in a couple of years when we have more space but until then, I think I would like a controller to hook into the 92 and stick with that.

I have been looking at the new Pioneer controller but can't see anything that would be used to play, change pitch etc and have also been looking at the Faderfox DS3.

I don't want any jog wheels or sliders - any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

a controller with no jogwheels or sliders for serato? try the new pioneer ddj sp1

or traktor x1 mk 1, midi fighter, a&h k2, launchpad, faderfox ds3, etc.

take your pick, map out the buttons to your liking.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Quote Originally Posted by arsman View Post
    a controller with no jogwheels or sliders for serato? try the new pioneer ddj sp1

or traktor x1 mk 1, midi fighter, a&h k2, launchpad, faderfox ds3, etc.

take your pick, map out the buttons to your liking.
    He specifically said he didn't want Pioneer's new controller because it didn't have any jogwheels or sliders. Maybe another controller... without jogwheels or sliders?

If you're not married to the idea of going with Serato, I reckon the Xone:92, + Traktor + Zomo MC-1000 would be an absolute KILLER set-up.

In fact, if you're handy with mappings, you could make your own Serato Dj mapping for the MC-1000 anyway...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by crumarbit View Post

I don't want any jog wheels or sliders - any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    there goes the xone 2d suggestion I had ready for you. Goes beautifully w/ the xone92 if change your mind about jogs/faders

The X1 would be my next suggestion. Or if you ONLY want buttons... Launchpad?

Also, what patch said xone92 + MC1000 makes me drool

I wouldn't get a Xone 1/2D for the jog.. It's not touch sensitive but worst of all it doesn't reliably send midi signals. When I ran my 1D through Midi-OX there was no pattern to the jog sending messages, sometimes it would send them immediately, sometimes you would need to move it a little before it would send anything. And for me the drivers were horrible, whenever the controller dissconnected without being removed properly through the OS I would get a BSOD! It was very frustrating to work with, I don't wish that on anyone.

In answer to the OP. If jogs are your thing... Behringer CMD-PL1 if you want a pitch fader, Reloop Contour if you don't. But both of those options will only work with Traktor.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Mentor

That's a bummer about you 1D. I Love my 2d, the thing is a TANK. Don't really use the Jog though, just the 4 jog buttons. I have the jog mapped to search if i need it to though

that's what I used the jog for aswell.. It's a shame that such a quality controller was brought down with such a useless jog.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Mentor

Thanks guys - just doing loads of research into this and have decided the best option for me is the Faderfox DS3. I can use this with the Xone 92 and once the decks come back out, the only section of the DS3 to be made redundant would be the bottom row of keys.

One thing i use alot of in Traktor is the ability to change the key of the track, can this be done in Serato as i can only see a key lock?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by crumarbit View Post
    Right, my head hurts as I am stuck with what controller to go for (going to switch to Serato DJ)!

I have very limited space and was thinking of going for the Vestax VCI-400 but then thought that I have a smashing Xone-92 sat in the loft doing nothing so what can I do to use that??

I will have the 1210's out in a couple of years when we have more space but until then, I think I would like a controller to hook into the 92 and stick with that.

I have been looking at the new Pioneer controller but can't see anything that would be used to play, change pitch etc and have also been looking at the Faderfox DS3.

Thanks
    Kontrol X1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast