Getting a Macbook with lockerz? Or is it scam?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Getting a Macbook with lockerz? Or is it scam?

Hey guys,

I have got an invitation to some site called lockerz. Does anybody know about it or is it scam?
    It's about the following:

You get points for logging in and answering questions... About 4 points a day. With the points, you can get products for free:

100: PC / XBox 360 / PSP / NDS / Wii / PC - Game
    150: iPod Shuffle
    250: 50 $ iTunes Store
    300: iPod Nano 8 GB
    375: Nintendo DSi
    600: iPod Touch 32 GB
    625: PS3 120 GB Slim
    The list of products also shows a Macbook Air for 2500 points.

If I do the maths, I get the following:
    2500 points / 4 points a day = 625 days
    That would be ~2 years for a free Macbook Air. I'm short on money and that seems like a good deal to me..

I wonder how that is supposed to work? How does that company make money at all?
    But I can't find any negative about it on google somehow. There even is a board where people post pics of the stuff they got: http://lockerzforum.com/prizes_received/

I don't know what to think about it. If you want to check out it yourself: It's invitation-only, so if you want an invitation, just send me a private message with your email.

So what do you think? Is it real or is it scam?

Default Re: Getting a Macbook with lockerz? Or is it scam?

long story short.. they make a lot more money from you than you do from them. but in 2 years.. the macbook air is probably gonna be a couple hundred bucks cheaper at least.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post
    long story short.. they make a lot more money from you than you do from them. but in 2 years.. the macbook air is probably gonna be a couple hundred bucks cheaper at least.
    probably after 2 years they will have stopped selling the mac book air and will be selling something else

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Dont bother with that shit. By the time you get the Mac we will be using Jedi Mind Tricks to control our Virtual Controllers.

Or as the late great Robert Heinlein said: TANSTAAFL = The Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch (or in this case Laptop). It comes from a great book of his - The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress. Reminds me I should read it again if I can track a copy down.
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5

Tech Wizard

I wonder how excactly they profit from the site? Maybe it's like youtube: Google pays millions each year to keep the site running, but the ad income is far less. They just think the amount of users and influence is worth that.

But honestly, the site does seem legit. I highly doubt that all the unpacking videos / pics from sites like the forum I mentioned before are fakes.

I'm gonna give it a try.

well if I were you I'd read the terms and conditions darn well, and read the privacy statement three times :P
    one piece I just noticed:
    We may share your personal information with third parties that perform data services (e.g. maintenance, backup, analysis, etc.) on our behalf. We may collect and report to third parties (such as content and service providers) aggregated information from our Website. We may collect and report to third parties (such as content and service providers and preferred vendors and business partners) aggregated information from our Website.
    meaning that they collect your information and sell it to companies which might spam you, mail you or call you or I don't know.. Add you to their databases etc. bad stuff

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

consider the combination of the price inflation in that two year window
    and the worth of the product your working twords at the time you've "earned" them

put a dollar in a jar daily, and in two years buy a mac book air

I fell for scams like that when I was younger (only to get free candy, not a computer, lol). Basically a lot of that stuff works for them because they don't give you enough opportunities to get "points." I'm assuming they have you taking surveys... The amount of surveys is limited, so you can't get enough points.

In theory, yes you could probably wait around for enough surveys to come about so that you could get the computer, but my guess is they don't ever ship out a single one.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast