Unlocking the Maschine Studio Screens
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Unlocking the Maschine Studio Screens

So I would like to dedicate this thread to unlocking the potential of the maschine studio to be a traktor powerhouse!

I know we don't have much to go on right now, and obviously the maschine studio can be midi mapped to traktor.

But getting waveforms to display on the screens is a whole different animal.

I am currently in talks with a local coder to try to reverse engineer Traktor Scratch Pro to get waveforms to display on the screens.

I'm sure you can see the potential, of not even needing to open the laptop anymore.

So if anyone has any info they have come across, that might be helpful to the project, shout it out!!

I cant promise this will work, but we're gonna give it a try.

pmed

Tech Guru

pmed

Ok, then. So did the PMs shut this idea down, or is there news to share?

haha no pm's helped! gave me a few ideas. Still gonna focus efforts on the maschine studio.

But also gonna have something in the back pocket, incase it doesn't happen.

We're gonna come to a decision point by the end of the month, whether its doable without help from NI. (I'd rather do it without help from NI, just to stick it to them)

But figuring out the software is half the battle, then we have to get the maschine to play nice in HID mode.

I'll keep you guys posted, and hopefully there will be a video soon depending on the progress we make.

Tech Guru

Does Maschine run in HID mode?

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    Does Maschine run in HID mode?
    im pretty sure. i mean yeah it does have midi mode too, but when it communicates with maschine software, i think its hid.

HID (Hardware Interface Device) mode allows the player to communicate bi-directionally with the computer in order to send control signals (eg. play, fast-forward, scratch, loop), and receive information (track and time data for the display, loop status for the LEDs).

obviously the screens have to communicate somehow, and midi cant send that info.

on a side note, the screens are kinda a weird resolution. 480x272 pixel

so the waveforms may need to be stretched or something to look right.

Man, I just wanted in on the super secret PM club.

But seriously, this is a super ambitious project. I wouldn't count on support from NI (even if you wanted it) because it seems like their next step would be to put those screens in a flagship controller for Traktor. They spent the time and money on the technology, so I don't think they'll just sit on it. Hope you can get something figured out, but they may beat you to it with an official product.

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    Man, I just wanted in on the super secret PM club.

But seriously, this is a super ambitious project. I wouldn't count on support from NI (even if you wanted it) because it seems like their next step would be to put those screens in a flagship controller for Traktor. They spent the time and money on the technology, so I don't think they'll just sit on it. Hope you can get something figured out, but they may beat you to it with an official product.
    yeah im sure they will release something soon, but i also think that the maschine studio really lends itself as an awsome traktor controller too, and i doubt they will have native support for it.

some of the pm's mentioned that since we're trying to get the waveforms (well everything) out of traktor, that maybe we can make them display on other types of screens, and possibly kinda reconfigure the way traktor is setup. like a modular setup on multiple screens.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

If I remember right, CDJs got Traktor info via HID so you guys might get a lead from there.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast