Ean's slick Kontrol X1 mapping....

Default Ean's slick Kontrol X1 mapping....

I was curious what mapping grandmaster Ean uses with his dual Kontrol X1's, especially in regards to the VU meters he has running via the cue/play/nudge/hotcue buttons. Is his mapping available on the site? Or if that's classified information, how would you go about mapping a similar VU meter on the X1?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Add Out > Mixer > Meters > Deck Post Fader Level

Use controller range to set correct value for each individual button.

Just what I needed to know, thanks!

though it would be sweet to see what he has mapped the rest of his controller out, so again is that mapping out there, i am sure in the video he says it is, though i have had no luck finding it…
    one can always hope it is there to be shared..
    P.S Stewe is Ean's not set with deck pre fader rather the deck post fader and if so what is the difference between the two..
    thanx..
    Last edited by DarioDeLima; 10-30-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Post fader is the final output signal. So if you used Pre Fader VU meters, when the volume fader is down, it does not affect the VU meter.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Post fader is the final output signal. So if you used Pre Fader VU meters, when the volume fader is down, it does not affect the VU meter.
    Yeah i figured it was that,though i am guessing this only applies to internal play and playing on an external mixer would have no effect right.

thanx for the swift answer Jester

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You are correct. Traktor matters only applies to internal mixing mode.