DDJ-SX - Traktor performance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DDJ-SX - Traktor performance

I'm considering to buy the DDJ-SR which is coming out in a month.

But since I'm a Traktor-fanboy, I want to know how well the DDJ-SX works with the custom midimaps out there.
    It might give me an idea about integration/latency/fill in the blank...?

Up to you guys, who are rocking the DDJ-SX with Traktor!

Tech Wizard

I owned a DDJ-SX and It was really good with the Viper's mapping.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

It's sick controller. Jet to see true potential of this unit in Traktor.

I have an SX that I mapped with Viper's mapping. Absolutely love it! Especially the pre mapped effects that are in there.

Sounds promising!

Hope Viper's reading this too
    Might give you a little heads-up to make one for the SR aswell...
    I mean, price-wise, (and ofcoz tech-wise) this can be a total killer in popularity-contest
    949 EUR vs. 568 EUR.

Tech Guru

It looks like the DDJ SR has 4 pots for the FX section as opposed to the 3 pots+encoder on the SX, making the SR more suitable for Traktor FX control.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

I chime in that i get fantastic results with the JaJa mapping which is still updated on a regular base in regards to the Viper mapping which had it's last update in december last year.

Matias from the DJTechTools support just confirmed me the DDJ-SR will be sold in their shop the 1st of November.
    They also consider to create custom mappings to go with for aswell the DDJ-SX as the DDJ-SR. w00t

Tech Convert

One of my roomies just got the SX. I love it. I'm using it with traktor, works really well.
    Only minus from me, is the size. But I guess that's just personal preference. My roomie loves the big size, and thinks that it's cool that it almost looks like a CDJ setup. I like small set-ups, but I guess thats the reason I'm going from all-in-one controller to modular now.

Tech Mentor

Sorry, don't want to rain on anyone's parade here but I've used it with Jaja's mapping and besides the fact that I don't have a keyboard mapping anymore, it also messed up pretty much all my other settings in Traktor. Some of which I can't find a possibility to change it back without re-analyzing my entire library. That was the first bad part. I also couldn't quite get the hang of his set up either. Most things work perfectly, but the pitch is really strange now (just press the arrows, it's not as it used to be anymore and I have no idea how to change it back) and there are more things I have to work around.

Thing is, Viper isn't updating it anymore so didn't use that one.

I'm really happy with Serato though, and that's even though I've been a Traktor fanboy for a long time. The DDJ-SX is pretty epic
    Last edited by Student; 10-24-2013 at 10:49 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast