How to get Traktor to play music off an external hard drive

Default How to get Traktor to play music off an external hard drive

Hi! I know the answer is pretty easy but how do you get traktor to play songs off an external hard drive. I have my first gig tomorrow(Saturday) with my new mixer and software.

Its a USB3 WD HD.

I clicked on the "explorer" tab in the music playlist area and couldn't find a way to open my external hard drive. I know the HD is working. Any help asap would r o c k!

Thanks a ton.

drag and drop from an external window to add to the collection. however, i would not recommend using an external hd for gigs, but thats on you mate
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Default External HD

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    drag and drop from an external window to add to the collection. however, i would not recommend using an external hd for gigs, but thats on you mate
    Thanks Jester. Do you mean, search for the songs I want to play on the external HD, then add only those songs to traktor, then play? Is it possible to just have a folder in traktor that opens to my external HD?

Thanks

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Try adding the folder or path on the external hard drive that you are trying to access.
    Go to Preferences/File Management > Music folders > Add Folder. Navigate to the external hard drive and any particular folder you want to access.

Then in the Explorer Node open 'Music Folders' and the external drive should appear.

Tech Mentor

Can you tell Traktor to not analyze the tune so you don't get latency while playing out?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah you can uncheck the preferences to analyse on Load To Deck or/and Import To Collection. Traktor will import all music played to the collection but that won't affect playback.

To be honest I often find myself re-analysing tracks during a gig. I never have any performance issues, I just try not to do anything whilst it's analysing.