Recording Traktor w/4decks

Default Recording Traktor w/4decks

I was wondering how you set up traktor to record with 4 decks running through the audio 8 sound card and all the inputs taken up. Help traktor gurus.
    I ♥ Tech-House
    Dell Studio 1537: 2.26GHZ, 4GB (Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit) Traktor Scratch Pro 1.2.1: 2 Numark TT-200, Stanton M-505 Mixer, 2 Mackie SRM-450 Speakers.

This is external mixing then ? I'm afraid you need an extra input somewhere. Either feed it into another machine (extra computer, an ipod with recording ability and what have you) or into your internal sound card's line-in then record with your sound editor of choice...

Yes, external I'm afraid. Ok, will do. Is it possible with internal control?
    I ♥ Tech-House
    Dell Studio 1537: 2.26GHZ, 4GB (Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit) Traktor Scratch Pro 1.2.1: 2 Numark TT-200, Stanton M-505 Mixer, 2 Mackie SRM-450 Speakers.

When mixing internally, you can use the built-in recorder.
    In Traktor Pro, set it to "internal" mode and it'll just record the master out - in "external" you get to pick which channel you want to record - but since you don't have any of these free on the audio8, no dice there.
    Maybe with an aggregated sound card with asio4all on windows or osx's built-in support for that - not sure how that'll turn out though, never tried it this way.
    Last edited by bumtsch; 09-29-2009 at 03:41 PM.

I am in a similar situation but don't use an audio8 ... you cant record internally if you are mixing externally... lol unless you like to listen to 4 tracks rununing on top of each other.

Your only option is to have a rca to plug running from your mixer rec/tape or booth out (carefull with the levels id foing this) to the line in of your laptop, and have another software running recording from this input. Or just conect another recording source to the rec/tape out of the mixer...

Cheers!

can you not just set the Record Output to an open output on the audio 8 and hook up recording device?
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Tech Mentor

no that doesn't work, because as the alien 2k pointed out, Traktor just plays all levels at equal volume if you`re mixing externally.

Tech Wizard

I'm using DVS with TSP right now and I have a recording-out on my mixer. I bought an RCA->1/8" adapter and it works beautifully plugged into the mic slot on my MBP. It was like $5 on zZounds with free shipping. I bought some white DVS while I was at it.