Name this Effect !!!!!
    Tech Convert

Default Name this Effect !!!!!

Im looking for an effect in traktor which i know is used by a few Dj's i just can't seem to find it and was wondering if someone could help me out this effect was used in the making of this song but is also used in Traktor the effect in question is at 0:50 - 0:54 and also 6:41 - 6:45

Thnx in advance

That is a delay. Better know as "The Richie Hawtin Effect". You can get this to work in Traktor, but it's just not as good. It's Hawtin's signature effect. If you have Ableton, you can use this plugin: Lexicon PSP 42. And watch this video on how to do it, it's pretty damn easy:

Other wise if you are just wanting to do it in Traktor, you can learn how to here: http://www.traktorbible.com/de/fx_usecases.aspx

And also the 'Richie Hawtin Effect' thread here on DJTT forums: http://www.traktorbible.com/de/fx_usecases.aspx

Hope you get it sorted.
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Closest you can go with Traktor is a Tape Delay in single FX mode.

Tech Wizard

Can also use the ice reverb and delay together.

Stewe what are each of the buttons changing and what is the knob changing .
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Thats exactly what im talking about !! Thank You

Two upper buttons are unit on and button 2 display. The button below them is doing two things - first press activate the Tape Delay and set D/W signal to 0% next press disengage an effect, activate button 2 (freeze function) and get knob ready. Knob is mapped for various parameters which are posted in The Ultimate FX thread if somebody is interested to try this out.

post #100

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...l=1#post583313

cheers stewe
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

Tech Convert

Thnx i appreciate this very much can you explain how i can use this effect exactly with a kontrol X1 ? I cant really see in the video what equipment is being used