does this make anyone else feel embarassed to be a DJ - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

We have all seen video of Guetta spinning with one cdj on, this kid is no different, only he is making way less money. Maybe he just needs a good PR guy.
    Transcendent Tuesdays weekly DNB on www.KRISISDnB.com 8:30-10pm UK time.

Tech Mentor

You're confusing talent with "I saw guetta and now I'm a dj". Sunshine is saying that because edm is popular right now, everybody and their brother thinks they are a dj. Soon another genre of music will pop up, the bandwagon will switch, and we won't have to listen to/deal with untalented "djs" who posted a "what should I buy thread", and then got mommy to buy them gear.

There's always going to be talented djs that outshine everyone, but edm doesn't need to be popular for them to be good. On the flip side, once the so called edm bubble bursts, your gigs might have less people attending.

My 2(insert currency here)
    Thank you, this is exactly the point I was trying to make. I started seeing it right around when dubstep hit the scene, it seemed to turn everyone into a DJ overnight. Then it kinda died off for awhile. Once trap hit, it was rinse and repeat, except everyone and their grandma was a trap DJ.

As for the bubble bursting, bring it on. The scene in this city is so overdone I can't wait for it to get back to the roots. There are more "EDM" weeklies than I can count, and it's the same Molly-munching prostitots that come out just to chain smoke on the patio
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

Just to add another one...

In response to that Laidback Luke posted this though:
    http://instagram.com/p/mrqFZegX3c/#

Mixcloud | Soundcloud | Facebook | Website(Dutch)

I mean, i would REALLY like to wake up and have boobs one day but there are reasons that just wouldnt work - Antifmradio

Quote Originally Posted by Sleurhutje View Post

Just to add another one...
    funny thing is. if you're just straight a/b mixing. this is what you do in between tracks >.<

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234