Kontrol S4 Mk2 + MF3D or DDJ-SX

Default Kontrol S4 Mk2 + MF3D or DDJ-SX

Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my set-up and have been exploring 2 options, a Traktor Kontrol S4 MK2 with a MidiFighter 3D or a DDJ-SX.
    I don't mind about software as I have used Traktor Pro 2 and Serato DJ and liked them both.
    I would like to find out peoples general opinions on what would be better as I am in a bit of a predicament.

Thanks,
    DJ Foo

Try them both out. feel what it is right for you.

The only points for me on the s4 over the sx is that the s4 is lighter and comes with compatibility with traktor dj for ipad/iphone.
    though you said that you like both software, of which do you see yourself playing the most?

s4 mk2 for traktor
    sx for serato

There are mappings for each, i know, but if you do not dabble in mappings like I am, my choice will be solely based on the software I will use
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Default Thanks :)

I went to a shop to try them out and I think I will choose the S4 as I hadn't really though about portability and the DDJ-SX is quite big.
    So thanks for that
    DJ Foo

Default Thanks :)

Hey,
    I went to the shop to try the out and I think I will choose the S4. Until your post I hadn't thought much about portability and when in the shop I realised the SX is quite big.
    Thanks,
    DJ Foo

S4 has DVS capabilities SSX does not
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--