Traktor VU meters

Default Traktor VU meters

I've been trying to figure out how to do something similar to what I found in a photo on a recent djtechtools post with Traktors VU meters..

The photo titled "The modern stage?" on this post, looks to have the virtual faders removed from the meters..
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2013/10/1...th-your-music/

Is this something that happens when you have an actual Traktor controller? or is it hidden somwhere that I can't find in the preferences to get rid of those faders usually found on the meters? any help would be awesome!

what are you using? controller or an external mixer?

you can only remove the virtual faders if you will mix externally.

open the preference, click output routing. choose external and you are set.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

^^Yep. That's Traktor in External Mixer mode. They removed the ability to use the internal mixer faders when Traktor Pro came out.
    I don't really get it when people show the internal mixer when mixing externally. Seems like a waste of screen space to me.

Ahh, that explains it. I'm just running a Numark Mixtrack... I would love the option to get rid of those with just a controller hooked up.

I'd have to agree with your point though Karlos!! I try to get as much as possible off screen when I'm mixing, the only reason I leave the internal mixer is to have somewhat of a vu meter to go by.