[House] Anyone half decent at producing give me advise please?
    Tech Mentor

Red face Anyone half decent at producing give me advise please?

Hi guys/girls

I've made my 1st attempt at producing, alas my other attempts have never come this far however I'm quite happy with what is a very basic track at this moment in time however I'm looking to expand it and make it sound better. I've not yet mastered it but I'm looking for people to give me some criticism on the track so I can improve! any thoughts you have on it (Even if you want to say 'what a load of shit') is welcome as I really want to know peoples views!

http://www40.zippyshare.com/v/54171646/file.html

Use soundcloud links!

Default Not bad

Hey this isn't bad for a new producer. It probably won't sound half bad after you master it. I feel like it could use some more dynamics. That vocal hit gets very repetitive after a while, and the transposed part of it in the breakdown doesn't sound like it fits in quite right.

Try to use more cymbals, sweeps and fills. They give a track more fluency, and give it that roller coaster up and down feel.

I'm a mediocre producer but I may be able to give you some mastering advice if you need it.

Feel free to check out my page:
    https://soundcloud.com/synchronix

Tech Mentor

I don't want to start uploading and taking down rough copies, there is a preview link on that page which works exactly like soundcloud?

His point is that you'll have a much higher probability of listening to your track if it's a soundcloud link. I was going to listen to it, but saw I had to go to zippyshare to get the file. It's just easier to have the link in your post and I'll admit, I'm friggin lazy. (I'm assuming I'm not the only one)

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    His point is that you'll have a much higher probability of listening to your track if it's a soundcloud link. I was going to listen to it, but saw I had to go to zippyshare to get the file. It's just easier to have the link in your post and I'll admit, I'm friggin lazy. (I'm assuming I'm not the only one)
    this

you can use a soundcloud secret link also.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Synchronix View Post
    Hey this isn't bad for a new producer. It probably won't sound half bad after you master it. I feel like it could use some more dynamics. That vocal hit gets very repetitive after a while, and the transposed part of it in the breakdown doesn't sound like it fits in quite right.

Try to use more cymbals, sweeps and fills. They give a track more fluency, and give it that roller coaster up and down feel.

I'm a mediocre producer but I may be able to give you some mastering advice if you need it.

Feel free to check out my page:
    https://soundcloud.com/synchronix
    Thanks man, I welcome any advise! and I've took on your thoughts! i'll show you the end product when I've finally finished!