Quick and easy way to video record your mixes.
    Tech Mentor

Default Quick and easy way to video record your mixes.

Quick and easy way to video record your mixes - under $100 bucks!!
    Like many aspiring djs I've been looking for an affordable way to video record my mixes. My first plan of action was to buy a go pro and then I realized they start at $300 dollars which was out of my price range. Secondly most of the action cameras lack a line input so it would require extra editing in post production to sync the audio and video. After doing a little research I realized a web camera might be a nice alternative especially since its being used for a bedroom setup. Below is a list of things that I've used to to record my setup and some pictures. Once I get home I will take better photos with my dslr and replace the camera phone pics.

Key features
    1. The webcam has a tripod mount so you can use it with a mini tripod or gorilla pod. Within the webcam software you can also change the audio input. I'm using a traktor z2 so once I switch to that soundcard the webcam will record my dj audio in sync with the video. btw the logitech camera software allows one click uploads to youtube directly from the app.
    2. The Fish eye kit comes with two lenses and an adapter. So after you mount the metal adapter you can interchange the lenses without effecting the webcam. You can also use the webcam without the lenses and it will still look perfect. (you don't need the fisheye adapter but you will end up mounting your webcam really high and probably end up needed an usb extension cable)
    3. The windshield dash mount comes with an 3m adapter. So if you don't have a window close. You can mount the 3m adapter to a wall or surface then use the dash mount tripod.

1. Logitech c920 webcam - $72
    2. Fish Eye Lens kit -$8
    3. Flexible windshield and dash mount - $10

UPDATED PHOTOS

UPDATED VIDEO
    Make sure you watch the videos in 720p. Also you will notice that the quality of the video will degrade when when either of the lenses are attached.

NO LENS ATTACHED

SUPERWIDE FISH EYE VIEW

.67 WIDE VIEW
    Last edited by Jaydon34; 10-23-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Tech Mentor

bump added high-res photos and some video

hey thats neat awesome post dude!! and i love how you showed the quality of the video from your webcam. and here i thought i would need a high quality camcorder or something to do this. thanks!
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by tothecloudd View Post
    hey thats neat awesome post dude!! and i love how you showed the quality of the video from your webcam. and here i thought i would need a high quality camcorder or something to do this. thanks!
    thanks man I'm glad you enjoyed and hopefully it comes in handy for lots of people

thanks for the post, really helpful. quick question - are you using the asio driver on your z2 as your audio device in traktor when recording with the camera? i just got a logitech C920 and when i try and use traktor with the asio driver on my controller (a hercules rmx) i get no response from the camera - i click record and nothing happens. it works fine normally. did you have any problems like this? cheers.