Looking to Switch to Serato
    Tech Convert

Default Looking to Switch to Serato

Hey Im looking in to switching from traktor to serato. I currently have 2 dj setups. One is using an X1 and my mixer connected to my computer via an Audio 2 running traktor on my laptop. The other is using CDJ 1000s and my mixer and djing with cds. It is a pain in the ass to burn cds every time i want to get a new song so I want to either get traktor A6 or a serato box. I very interested in getting serato and would much rather do that however I am unsure if I should buy a SL1 or and SL2/3. Obviously the 1 is cheaper but is it too outdated to use live? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tech Wizard

Get the SL2, they are doing an update soon to have DVS with SDJ. SDJ is the shit, in my opinion. I made the switch from traktor to sdj not to long ago due to traktor never fixing the track loading bug, which has been around forever now. I haven't looked back since, but who knows everyone is different.

Get the SL2... The latency is much better then the audio 6... I got 5ms on a old dell laptop with the sl2... Audio 6 I got 9.7ms
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--