[Other] Zombie Hotel - a narrative studio mix (choose your own adventure)
    Tech Mentor

Default Zombie Hotel - a narrative studio mix (choose your own adventure)

Zombie Hotel

A Narrative Studio Mix by David Michael

Zombie Hotel is a conceptual studio mix which was conceived several months prior to Halloween 2013, in an attempt to release something outside the realms of the standard DJ demo. Part DJ mix, part album, and part audio novel, Zombie Hotel is a sort of “choose your own adventure” story presented through your speakers. This is not a live mix, but rather, the result of many hours of surgical audio editing in my home studio.

The idea behind Zombie Hotel is not to directly dictate a novel to you, but rather, to provide narrative suggestions through a well thought-out soundtrack. The story is not laid out for you… the mix simply sets the tone for your imagination to fill in the blanks. Instead of providing a track list, I have presented the mix in seven “chapters”: Discovery, Departure, Journey, Arrival, Sleepless Night, Showdown, and Credits Roll. What those names mean, when combined with the name of the mix, is for you to decide based on the audio cues presented to you.

As a passionate DJ who has written quite a bit about the subject, I really like to see DJs thinking outside of the box. This is my attempt at doing that; to create something unique and compelling. I want to give you a reason to check this out, instead of adding to the already massive sea of functional, but uninspired, mixes. And, hey, I like zombies. So, why not?

I’ve pulled the audio from many different sources. This is not only music, but music layered with suggestive audio cues, added sound effects, and just a touch of spoken word dialogue (but not enough to tell the story for you… that’s what your imagination is for!)

I truly hope that you enjoy listening to this experiment as much as I enjoyed creating it. If you do, please go and “like” my fan page on Facebook. I promise that I will not spam you to death… but it will help to keep you informed of similar projects in the future.

Download Zombie Hotel

includes tracklist
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tech Mentor

Cranked out a few copies for my local Halloween parties happening this weekend.

Attached Images Attached Images