Vestax VCI-400 design issues

Default Vestax VCI-400 design issues

I am in the market for an all-in-one 4-deck DJ controller, and based on what I've read I am leaning towards the VCI-400. However, I am looking at pictures of it and straight away I notice to problems:

1) No analog master output level control, but all other outputs and inputs have a dedicated analog knob for this, which I can't understand.

2) Some buttons are dangerously close to the jogwheels.

Can any VCI-400 users chime in and comment?

Also, do you guys reckon Vestax will release a new controller with RGB LEDs for NAMM 2014?

Thanks

I'm not worried about not having a dedicated master volume as every software has one built into the program.

I wouldn't say that the buttons are dangerously close to the jogs, but the whole controller is pretty cramped, it's not a huge issue to me though as it just takes a few hours to readjust from a full size mixer, and the build quality is second to none. If you can find one for a few hundred dollars I would get it, otherwise if you're paying retail I would save a bit more and get a ddj-sx.

I wouldn't count an vestax releasing another 400 like controller, as they would have lost a tonne of money on the current one after the initial buzz ended due not having any real partnering with any software companies. I would think the reason for the paint job is they have plenty left over and need to refresh the image.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Wizard

The only buttons that could affect the jog wheels when being pressed are the small ones below the bigger pads. I'm not 100% sure, but depending on your routing settings on the back of the unit, the master knob might serve as a master volume control for the mixer.

I also try to use the C&D decks for scratching so that they are far away from the crossfader, as that is the only issue with the buttons. Sometimes during scratching you can hit the deck A play/pause, or deck B hot cue. You could add the function to press shift to play, which would also stop this, but might get annoying. Also, I agree with Synthet1c, the lack of direct ties to Serato specifically, you will get very poor support with the VCI 400. Luckily Traktor runs perfectly on it. So for professional gigs, I use Traktor, but DJ is fun, and feels a bit more intuitive.
    Transcendent Tuesdays weekly DNB on www.KRISISDnB.com 8:30-10pm UK time.

Eventually I am going to go with 2 x Behringer BCR2000 and a programmable Tipro keyboard in the middle. It has 128 programmable buttons, unfortunately no backlit keys. If it doesn't do the job then I'll get a Launchpad next month, but for now I'll experiment with what I have.