Live Topics
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live Topics

Default Live Topics

Installed a cool little forum plugin that will allow for live topics, this means if a topic is getting a lot of posts all at once then you will be informed if there is a new post in that topic that your posting in. A topic will remain live for a.

A topic will be live for 5 min after a user has posted in it - which means after 5 min of no one posting it will go back to being a regular topic again.

You will see a little icon next to the topic saying "Live Topic" if it is live

<3 Ajax !
    Last edited by BentoSan; 09-30-2009 at 09:12 AM.

Oh i should mention that i havent fully tested it properly yet so i would love to hear your guys feedback on how this is working for you !

Theres also the option to extend the amount of time that a topic remains live for, waiting for some feedback before i mess with this some more.

Tech Guru

yeah i noticed this. cool feature man. good job

Works pretty well Havent been around recently when the forum has had a lot of people chatting all at once (one bad point about living in Perth Australia) so havent had the chance to see it in action until today.

Strongly considering raising the time a thread remains active though, 5 min seems a little short as far as my first impressions go.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Working fine and i nice idea. Props

Tech Guru

hey can you install that plugin that shows what users are currently logged in for each sub forum? they have that on a few forums i go to and its kind of nice to see whos lurking.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Hah yeah we have that at NI which i like cus when peeps are arguing you can sit and wait for someone to reply. Of course theres the 'Invisible Mode' so that no-one can see you watching. Thats for the stealth lurkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Hah yeah we have that at NI which i like cus when peeps are arguing you can sit and wait for someone to reply. Of course theres the 'Invisible Mode' so that no-one can see you watching. Thats for the stealth lurkers.

Ill consider that, i pulled out the whos online section of the forums cuz it looked ugly - ill look at putting it back in when we get it looking more decent than the stock template Vbul provides.

Back on topic, about to extend the time a topic is "live" out to 8 min and see how that treats us

Tech Wizard

Bento... I just got a message that says that:

The maximum amount of posts on this page can display has been reached. Posts will now start to disappear from oldest to newest.

Sound interesting to you??
    Last edited by fro1156; 10-02-2009 at 02:03 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast