Just bought some new concordes......

Default Just bought some new concordes......

Since I've had my technics, ive had odd carts, 1 old Stanton Trackmasters and 1 ortofon Concorde pro s. I've been watching loads on eBay mainly the DJ s ones. Theyve been selling for the £80 mark thereabouts in various conditions, some with decent needles and some needing new. A new needle for my pro s was going to be around d the £30 mark so I thought now is the time to get some new ones. I stumbled across some ortofon elektro's last week, so I watched them, I waited. They are like new apparently, only had 30 minutes use as he has stuck with original technics head shells. They even come in the .title ortofon flight case. So Friday night came and with 10 minutes left they was still only at £52. I waited and waited and with maybe 5 seconds left I went in with my Max bid of £80 and won them for £78 :-) I have read good stuff about them and for that price I thought I'd donewell. They should be here in the morning as hes posted them 1st class today. Looking forward to getting them, only thing, they are white and I use white time code, so now I feel I need some red timecoded vinyl now to show them off ;-) has anyone got them or used them, any comments on them? Hopefully no ones going to come and tell me they're no good hana....
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

I have the Elektro's and the Scratch's.

They are both VERY VERY cool!

You will love em!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

thats what i wanted to hear, cheers dude...they are at home now and my Mrs opened them to check they are ok and she said you sure these are 2nd hand they look brand new to me haha...good start
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Tight!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"

Tight!

got them, needles buggered sorted out a partial refund with the guy who sold them so i got them in the end for £40, just ordered 2 new styli for them for £60, got a good deal on those so they now cost £100 but with brand new needles, they look the part when they are fitted, even with white timecode....

WTF?

I would be sooo pissed if someone tried to con me with busted needles.

Glad you got em sorted tho....pretty smooth ey?

i wasnt too happy like, the lad was very appologetic and returned the £38 without argument so all in all £100 for them with brand new needles isnt too bad, cant wait to get the new needles now and get em on, plus i got the nice aluminium flight case with them.

I was happy "upgrading" from pro to elektro styli - they may be less neutral, but they somehow sound more crisp in the high end - decreasing discrepancy between playing real vinyl and lossless files. I actually have a spare eletrko stylus just for ripping my new vinyl.

With the full cart in white, they look the part too!
    Would be cool if they were glow in the dark... but there's always the expensive JICOs for that Surely a touch of special paint or nail polish could do the trick.