Maschine 2.0 Update available from NI
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Maschine 2.0 Update available from NI

Anyone download the Maschine update?

I have it downloading right now. Who knew there were so many downloaded components.
    13" MBP | Xone DB2 | Kontrol X1 MK2 | 2 X Denon DN-S3700 | NUmark TTX| NI MASCHINE MK2 | ABLETON PUSH

$100 for an UPGRADE, not update. Completely rewritten from the ground up, plus new drum synths and NI VSTs included (that cost more than $100 by themselves). Multicore. New library with hundreds of new kits/samples, etc.

Your old version will still work if you can't justify the price.

Tech Wizard

I dont know yet if my old projects will works, I dont know yet how the mapping is on the old maschine hardare, I don't know actually if I will buy the Maschine Studio in the more or less near future, so I' a bit in an expectation state

Old projects will work fine. I have a Mikro MK2 and it maps to it fine. In all honesty, from what I've seen from playing around with it for about 20 mins last night, the interface isn't massively different, just refined a lot. I like the new mixer screen, much easier to see levels of individual patterns and sounds, and being able to add an unlimited amount of effects to sounds/groups/master is much better than the 4 from before. It's a massive download though, about 10gb in total!!
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Wizard

Is it lighter for the CPU ? I have pretty bad experience with VST effects stacking

It has multicore support now, which should help with the loading of numerous VST's. I have an i7 in my laptop, so I never really noticed any weird stuff before, and I'm probably even less likely to now (unless I load up thousands of VST's!)
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

As soon as I saw the media library, I bought it. How much do you pay for VSTs and such? I am guessing more than $100 and you get a lot less for it. This is jam packed with new content between Maschine and Komplete library updates.
    Last edited by quality control; 11-04-2013 at 12:46 PM.
    13" MBP | Xone DB2 | Kontrol X1 MK2 | 2 X Denon DN-S3700 | NUmark TTX| NI MASCHINE MK2 | ABLETON PUSH

Tech Mentor

No one should worry about the old Maschine. Not only does it retain this version and does not over write what they call 1.1, but all your projects convert to the new 2.0 without problem.

I bought my upgrade last night and have just about finished with all the various downloads - there's LOADS! This upgrade's HUGE and even though I've only just fired it up I'm loving the new environment.

I was a late purchaser of the Machine mk2. I got mine August with the temptation of the 6 free expansion packs, and have to say for about 2 mins when news of the all new studio was announced I was deflated. Then I read around, and loved that version 2.0 was gonna work on all the versions of maschine, and then I realised that, if I'd had the choice I'd still have gone for the Mk2 and not the studio (love it, but was out of my price range and also not as portable for live work)

I'd honestly have bought this upgrade for the compressor and the sidechaining alone, but all the other stuff is a great bonus. Serioulsy, if you're upset about having to buy this upgrade you're spoilt as you're getting a hell of a lot for this, and it works on every version so no one's left out.

I'm going to lock myself away the next month and get my head around the new wy of doing things, but wow - am very happy.

I know the above sounds like a paid ad for NI, but tbh I'm not the biggest fan of NI (more of a pioneer advocate these days) - but seriously, this is a great upgrade.
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

DJTT is against all forms of piracy and it's not the place to discuss wether "try before you buy" is cool or not.

Back on topic peeps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast