Kontrol F1 - Issue with Dual Mappings

Default Kontrol F1 - Issue with Dual Mappings

I am running the native Kontrol F1 mappings (for remix decks) in addition to Tekken's F1 Ultimate F1 mapping. I find that swapping between midi/native mode is unreliable with shift browse. Sometimes it works, and sometimes I can only swap between the Tekken map and some random page where all the buttons are blue and the digital readout goes "-". I have difficulty returning back to the Native mapping so I can control the remix decks natively. Am I doing something wrong?

Tech Guru

Mine did this also, I think it's something to do with the Tekken Mapping when the F1 is switched to MIDI mode, because I use my own mapping now and it doesn't do it.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Anyone else got any ideas? Maybe I should repost in the mapping section.

Tech Convert

Are you using the newest F1 drivers and firmware?
    You could do the following to help me to find the failure (if really my mapping is the problem): delete the default F1 mapping in the controller manager and restore it with the small import button. Then test it again. If the problem still exists, then try to delete one for one of my 8 Tekken mappings and test it in the meantime. With this method, we can say which of my 8 mappings is causing the problem. All clear?

Hey Tekken,

I don't really think it is the issue with your mapping. I tried to explain it in my post in the mapping forum thread (not sure if you checked that one out yet:

"Hey Tekken,

Another poster on your Mapping thread also posted this: "Wow what a great mapping but im quite annoyed at a particular element of it last night i was jamming and i pressed shift and browse and that allowed me to control deck a and c with 8 hot cues spread across the 16 buttons going down vertically for each hot cue? please dont tell me this is a glitch as id like to use it again as i prefer launching hot cues that way than with the s4's dedicated cues please reply soon thanks alot, Zayd!"

Which is similar to what I experienced. I discovered that if I continually press shift and browse to switch between remix and the Tekken mapping I will eventually enter a mapping where all the buttons are blue (with 00 on the digital read out). When I look at the controller manager this mapping corresponds to a " Traktor: Kontrol F1 (User)" which appears out of thin air. When I delete the mapping or change the "in port" the colours of the controller will return to the rainbow coloured ones corresponding to the Tekken mapping. However if I keep pressing shift+browse the Traktor: Kontrol F1 (User) mapping will l eventually return as if it built into the controller."

Perhaps updating the drivers might work. I actually haven't tried that yet.