[Hip Hop / Trap / Glitch / Breaks] Break it up - All Day! ( Party Breaks, 118bpm )

Wink Break it up - All Day! ( Party Breaks, 118bpm )

Lemme know your thoughts

I like it overall. Nice arrangement, nice use of samples, I like the style. Take it with a grain of salt but my one suggestion is on the main synth line. When you open up the filter on some of the modulation, you are really losing a lot of bass because the resonance is cranked to get that nice acid sound which (as you probably know) emphasizes the frequencies around the the cutoff and de-emphasizes the areas not around the cutoff - the sub bass. The way I would fix this is to layer a copy of the line and use a sub patch that only plays in the 30-60Hz range, probably at a lower volume. You may hit some phasing issues when both lines are in the same range but those aren't hard to fix and sometimes they sound cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick V View Post
    I like it overall. Nice arrangement, nice use of samples, I like the style. Take it with a grain of salt but my one suggestion is on the main synth line. When you open up the filter on some of the modulation, you are really losing a lot of bass because the resonance is cranked to get that nice acid sound which (as you probably know) emphasizes the frequencies around the the cutoff and de-emphasizes the areas not around the cutoff - the sub bass. The way I would fix this is to layer a copy of the line and use a sub patch that only plays in the 30-60Hz range, probably at a lower volume. You may hit some phasing issues when both lines are in the same range but those aren't hard to fix and sometimes they sound cool.
    I was debating on adding a sub bass underneath everything. I appreciate your thoughts on it. Wouldn't be very hard to go in and add one. Thanks for commenting dude

I seperated the acid synth into bass mids and highs and tried to add as much as I could on the low end but its still not enough!

One bump for hope!