Setting up a NI X1 as seperate channels from 2 CDJs HID connected

Default Setting up a NI X1 as seperate channels from 2 CDJs HID connected

Hey guys long time reader of these forums.. first time poster

Here's the low down - I currently have 2 CDJ900s w/ a DJM850 (built in soundcard)

I was thinking about purchasing a Kontrol X1, but I don't want to use it with the CDJs.. I want it to run the other 2 channels so I can mix 4 channels / add additional loops to the mix.

So basically I want to set it up with Traktor like this

Deck C/Channel 1 - CDJ 900 (HID connected)
    Deck A/Channel 2 - left channel of X1
    DJM850 (with build in soundcard)
    Deck B/Channel 3 - right channel of X1
    Deck D/Channel 4 - CDJ 900 (HID connected)

Is this possible????

Cheers guys appreciate it

X1 doesn't have a sound card does it? I'm not following when you say "left channel of X1".

If you are referring to the play/transport controls (left and right side) then you really shouldn't have an issue.
    Just load up the default mapping (maybe it does it automatically) for the X1 and when you link your CDJs, simply choose which deck they control (in your case DeckC and D) from the CDJ screen.

Your audio/mixer setting in Traktor should be set to external and choose the output (left and right) for each deck per channel on your mixer.

hope this explains it well.

Yup, I had the same setup before I sold my CDJ's. When you plug in the X1 it will ask which decks you want to control... Just choose the two that you aren't controlling via CDJ (A + B). You can even assign the DJM faders to whichever channels you want.
    I knew a girl, who tried to walk across the lake.
    Of course it was winter, when all this was... Ice...

You'll have no issues with this setup, it's effectively what I use at one of my gigs on Saturday nights, they have a DJM850 and pair of CDJ2000NXS installed and I bring along my X1mk2 and an F1.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

Quote Originally Posted by frankle View Post
    You'll have no issues with this setup, it's effectively what I use at one of my gigs on Saturday nights, they have a DJM850 and pair of CDJ2000NXS installed and I bring along my X1mk2 and an F1.

Cheers mate. Btw I'm looking at getting both the X1 and F1 eventually, but since I'm a bit tight on money I can only get one now and the other in a couple of months.

Which would you suggest to get first?

Depends on how keen you are to integrate Remix Decks into your way of playing ... If you want to get into it sooner then the F1, if you just want to add preset loops from existing tracks that you've already setup into your set via C&D then get the X1mk2.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

Get the X1 first. You will get bored of the F1 after two sessions.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "