The Midi Fighter Twister ideas thread
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default The Midi Fighter Twister ideas thread

Doesn't seem to be one around, thought I'd start it off.

Looks fantastic all round to me, although I would like to see a demonstration of it used with synth samples as opposed to drums and then the pitch altered, allowing you just get one shots and then alter the pitch yourself. This may be a function already on that wasn't displayed on the drum sequencer demo, but if it's not a feature I think it would be mind blowingly cool to add into it!
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Doesn't seem to be one around, thought I'd start it off.

Looks fantastic all round to me, although I would like to see a demonstration of it used with synth samples as opposed to drums and then the pitch altered, allowing you just get one shots and then alter the pitch yourself. This may be a function already on that wasn't displayed on the drum sequencer demo, but if it's not a feature I think it would be mind blowingly cool to add into it!
    not sure youre going to see too many if any demonstration vids for it as its not in a final production stage yet either.

Lets let them get the kinks out first, then we can all master the channels

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

@Sambo

For now it is just a drum sequencer, however Ive been playing round with an alternate 3D/Spectra firmware with the intent of making a melodic sequencer as a companion, the big problem here is NI did not make the sample pitch setting MIDI accessible, I created some code which uses the HID functionality to access this, but because it lives several menu's deep in the F1 it takes about 200 ms to reliably alter the pitch. We are hoping we can convince NI to make the pitch midi accessible in a future release, then we can do some seriously cool stuff!

Eitherway feel free to post questions, thoughts, and ideas for the Twister, Ill try and answer quickly!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

@midifidler - Do you think the MF banking could be easily shared from one unit to the other ?? Would be cool if we take a Twister and create a mapping that supplements to some of our already existing mappings for Spectra and 3D. This thing would rock!

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    @midifidler - Do you think the MF banking could be easily shared from one unit to the other ?? Would be cool if we take a Twister and create a mapping that supplements to some of our already existing mappings for Spectra and 3D. This thing would rock!
    All the Midi Fighters already have MIDI IN control of the bank selection, which I added for this exact purpose, I'm yet to see anyone take advantage of that though.

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    All the Midi Fighters already have MIDI IN control of the bank selection, which I added for this exact purpose, I'm yet to see anyone take advantage of that though.
    Gotcha Good to know that you've already think of a solution for bank selection using MIDI.

Thanks for your reply.

Ok I did see that in the Spectra manual.
    I would like to know how you would go about sending the bank change note message from one MF to another. Would this be possible with just Traktor?

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    Ok I did see that in the Spectra manual.
    I would like to know how you would go about sending the bank change note message from one MF to another. Would this be possible with just Traktor?
    Assuming that 3D, Spectra and Twister send and receive the same MIDI note on bank change this should be easy as setting them all in the same mapping device with "All Ports" check at MIDI in-port and out-port. I've managed to force bank change by tweaking note on my CNTRL:R but all the midifighters should be able to accomplish this by default.

I thought of all ports, but knew it wouldn't work for 2 MFs. Making one device for the different MFs to share bank change info solves the problems. Brilliant!

How about dedicating one device for banking and target other devices to unit one and two.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast