I noticed this in Traktor for beat-matching.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default I noticed this in Traktor for beat-matching.

I've been practising getting really tight beat-matching and it isn't hard.

I noticed that when cueing another track there is a orange-indicator that moves around a center point, it seems that most (all?) the time when playing on the beat, it should be in the center.
    I tested this by pressing the sync button and it almost always aligns to the center point.

If traktor makes it so easy by having this center point, it makes it real easy.
    So for guys who are lazy and use sync, practice and train your ear.

YMMV

Since matching beats goes quickly when you train your ear and practice, I enjoy spending hours finding tracks that go well together and mixing them beautifully lol.

Tech Guru

How well can you beatmatch without looking at the screen?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Schalenberg

Genius over here.

Thanks for that mate.

However, I think most of us Traktor users know how the Phase Meter works!

Read the manual man!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Guru

Brilliant thread haha

So watching that and beat matching is training your ears, no.

Having the phase meter off and beatmatching is, otherwise you might as well be pressing sync.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

I honestly had no idea what the phase meter was until about 4 months into me using Traktor. I don't see why anyone would depend on it anyways... It tends to be off a lot, but not to the untrained ear of course.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

The phase matter comes in handy to indicate the offset but only when your beat grids are super tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    The phase matter comes in handy to indicate the offset but only when your beat grids are super tight.
    Exactly. If you're beatgrid isn't right then the phase meter is going to be of no use at all.....
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

So are we calling moving the pitch slider until the BPMs on the 2 decks have the same number and then pulling the phase meter to the middle, manual beat matching? Cause if you ever get in front of 2 TTs and an old school scratch mixer you're gunna be SOL. I'm not being a snob here - I love me some sync button. Just sayin...

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Nick V View Post
    So are we calling moving the pitch slider until the BPMs on the 2 decks have the same number and then pulling the phase meter to the middle, manual beat matching? Cause if you ever get in front of 2 TTs and an old school scratch mixer you're gunna be SOL. I'm not being a snob here - I love me some sync button. Just sayin...
    This exactly, it's what grinds my gears about Serato users who trash talk sync, when it's the exact same thing just consolidated into a button press.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast