Introducing the Pioneer DDJ-SB
    Tech Guru

Default Introducing the Pioneer DDJ-SB

Although i'm not a Serato user, Pioneer has me curious to give it a go with their new line up of controllers. And they just added this one. It's never been more clear that Serato/Pioneer are serious about the all in one controller market. What are your thoughts on these units?

I mean i'm kind of with Traktor now in terms of work flow... but Pioneer and Serato coming together is a heavy combo.

Could see a lot people thinking this more credible than an S2... maybe it is...
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    I mean i'm kind of with Traktor now in terms of work flow... but Pioneer and Serato coming together is a heavy combo.

Could see a lot people thinking this more credible than an S2... maybe it is...
    I think the most surprising thing to me is the price point on these units. The price is $299! And even if you bought the Serato DJ upgrade it'd be another $129 bringing it up to $429. That's cheaper then the Kontrol S2. That price is more then reasonable for that unit.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

1 knob per fx is what kills it for me, I think the DDJ-SR would be the real contender to the S2.

Tech Mentor

This + this = pure gold I guess? Pretty awesome for a really mobile party, like when you're bbq'ing and drinking beers with some friends in the park or something...