Ableton/Serato...2010! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JuanSOLO View Post
    I'm amazed I cant use a Reaktor ens. as an effect directly inside Traktor, or Guitar Rig.
    NI need their own DAW that brings all their software\plugins\hardware together + Reaktor to manipulate it all - that would be absolutely mind blowing and give Ableton/Max/Serato a serious run for their money.

NI has a huge load of absolutely wonderful tools, theres just nothing currently that ties them all together which is a huge shame I hope like hell they are working on something, all the pieces of the puzzle are there we just need something an environment put them together in. I wouldnt even care too much if that environment didn't support VST's if it was in the name of super low latency and high reliability - throwing VST's into the mix is not that great for latency or stability to be perfectly honest, i can definitely see why Reason/Record doesn't have support VST's (this is the same reason Traktor doesnt support VST's actually).

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    NI need their own DAW that brings all their software\plugins\hardware together + Reaktor to manipulate it all - that would be absolutely mind blowing and give Ableton/Max/Serato a serious run for their money.
    I guess thats supposed to be Kore

Anyways, they will definately need to pull something out of the hat on that one. I beleve they could but as it stands, it's lacking the flexability I would like to have. I just really love Abelton, always have. Reaktor just makes it even better. DJing with decks is still new to me. I've only been at it a coule years. But I loved hip hop as a kid and always wanted to scratch my own stuff. Blah Blah Blah.

It'd be rad to see what NI comes up with to challenge all of this Ableton Serato M4L biz. Surely "Flavors" of sound cards are not the answer, (pocket size???)

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    BentoSans To Do List:

1. Get Some sleep.
    2. Explain Max4Live to Karlos .
    3. Pull hair out cus Karlos is stoopid.

Will have a read up on Max4Live. I have a feeling im gonna need to know this shit.

Yeah my man... the Max4Live shit is an AMAZING collab, its Ableton's answer to Reaktor... Pretty incredible and if it takes off like Reaktor's user library does...:eek: We are in for a whole new ball game in the Ableton DJ game.

Just to give you a bit of eye candy check these...

http://www.ableton.com/extend

http://www.native-instruments.com/en...r/?content=988

Quote Originally Posted by JuanSOLO View Post
    I guess thats supposed to be Kore
    Kore is a start, it defiantly is very cool but it still doesn't glue together djing into the mix what so ever.

I am more thinking Kore on a massive amount of steroids haha

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Kore is a start, it defiantly is very cool but it still doesn't glue together djing into the mix what so ever.

I am more thinking Kore on a massive amount of steroids haha
    Me TOO!

You can map like 6 parameters in Kore??? I think thats right. WOW 6 whole parameters.

Tech Wizard

Yeah all good points here... If NI does have something brewing in their labs like a powerful DAW or a KORE on a massive amount of steroids that would be EPIC...

But I love Bento's idea on maybe getting like Traktor/ Reaktor all in one... Like The Finger for Reaktor and TP?? in ONE!! Thats getting a little insane on the effect side of things huh??

Ableton got it right, the future of music software from a commercial standpoint is using your 1000's of users as coders - provide them the tools to create their own crazy setups, allow them to release them publicly and reap the rewards of your massive user base making your program better for you while you rake in the $$$ for their hard work

Anyone other company not doing the same isn't going to stand a chance competing against that.

This hybrid of commercial and open source is a VERY profitable biz setup.

Default Re: Ableton/Serato...2010!

I'm really quite surprised NI hasn't made a rial DAW yet. it just seems Logical, no? no matter what happens with the Serato/Ableton matrimony you know once it's released it will be only a matter of time before NI drops a bombshell. I feel the next few of years of technology are going to straight up reinvent the wheel.

also, even though I don't use ableton or serato, I am kind of excited to see what they've come up with, because I've been trying to think of how they integrated these two seemingly opposite workflows. in order to pull it off and make some money they have to get that part just right.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Oh man, that would be amazing. a DAW that flawlessly ties together NI's absolutely mind blowing host of samplers and soft synths, uses Kore to organize all of the sounds, and then can be used in conjunction with Traktor, possibly through the Maschine interface, using NI's super secret new MIDI controllers... wow. The thought of it just makes me shiver in glee
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I'm abit on the skeptical side of this. Look how long it took NI to get the 1.2 update out for Traktor and 1.1 still isn't final for Maschine. There is talk of Maschine/Traktor integration, but how long will that take? Geez, Maschine doesn't even properly work with a DAW yet.. It almost seems integration into anything else just isn't on the Radar. Which is pretty sad seeing a product like Finger which is being marketed as real time effects. Who needs that more than Djs?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast