Mixed in Key vs. Rapid Evolution?
    Tech Wizard

Default Mixed in Key vs. Rapid Evolution?

Has anyone had any experience with mixed in key or rapid evolution? I know RE is free and Mixed in Key is like 50 bucks. I would normally go with the paid version of things when I can because you get better support most of the time however all i need this for is to tag the keys of the songs so... Does Mixed in key offer any significant benefit over RE and if not is RE stable enough to use and rely on when djing professionally? I am using SSL and will be using Serato DJ soon as i just purchased a 64.

I don't know about RE, but use mixed in key. It seems to do a pretty good job with key detection, or at least if it gets it wrong, most songs I've tried to harmonically mix still sound good together.

Tech Convert

I use MixedIn key as well. It seems to do that job quite well i have been using it for a year now and seems to put the songs in the correct key from what my ear hears.

What happened to just using your ears? Me and my 2 buddies end up having better mixes because we don't use that software. Train your ears, doesn't take to much to learn

Tech Wizard

KeyFinder - free and well supported right here on this forum by the developer, Ib. Simple, results at least as good as the competition, no net connection necessary. What's not to love?

Ex-MIK user here, now v. happy with KF and donated.

http://www.ibrahimshaath.co.uk/keyfinder/

KeyFinder

Tech Convert

Mixed in Key!! Right after I got i fell in love with it!