Filter Fader fx on traktor pro2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Filter Fader fx on traktor pro2

Can anyone help me put together a mapping on traktor for the filter fader fx that is on the DDJ-SB

Tech Guru

EDIT: I'm an absolute idiot, I didn't realise it worked on the X-fader and just assumed it was a volume fader effect.

Okay just pick a button as the 'On' switch, make this set a modifier to 1, also reset both A and B filters to neutral and also turn them on.

Then you want to map both A and B filters to the crossfader, but invert one so that it works in the opposite direction (probably B's) and voila, done.

If you need a step-by-step, just holla at me and I'll write one up when I get the chance.
    Last edited by Sambo; 11-12-2013 at 09:26 AM.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey Sambo,

You absolutely sure that what you've posted should work exactly the same as SB?

Tech Guru

I haven't seen a video which gives a comprehensive view of exactly how it works, but from what I have seen displayed, it's basically exactly like a usual x-fader but it just applies a high-pass filter to the track as you blend right? If so then what I posted should do just that, assuming you already have the cross fader set to act like a standard crossfader.

Like I said, it was a vague description which pointed out the basic direction that anyone with a small amount of knowledge on Traktor's mapping system should understand, and if a step-by-step is needed then I will point one out.

Unless I've completely misunderstood how the filter fader works? If so can you show me a video that demonstrates it?
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

this should do it for the crossfader

add in -> modifier 4 -> condition(M3=1) -> type('encoder') -> interaction('relative') -> sensitivity(300%);
    add in -> knob 1 -> condition(M3=1, M4=0) -> type('fader/knob') -> assignment('slot 1') -> interaction('relative') -> sensitivity(145%);
    add in -> knob 1 -> condition(M3=1, M4=7) -> type('fader/knob') -> assignment('slot 2') -> interaction('relative') -> sensitivity(145%);

button to set a shift to activate it
    add in -> modifier 4 -> condition(M3=0) -> type('button') -> interaction('direct') -> value(1);
    add in -> modifier 4 -> condition(M3=1) -> type('button') -> interaction('direct') -> value(0);
    add in -> effect 1 select -> condition(M3=0) -> type('button') -> assignment('slot 1') -> interaction('direct') -> value('filter');
    add in -> effect 1 select -> condition(M3=0) -> type('button') -> assignment('slot 2') -> interaction('direct') -> value('filter');
    add in -> unit on -> condition(M3=0) -> type('button') -> assignment('slot 1') -> interaction('direct') -> value(1);
    add in -> unit on -> condition(M3=0) -> type('button') -> assignment('slot 2') -> interaction('direct') -> value(1);
    add in -> unit on -> condition(M3=1) -> type('button') -> assignment('slot 1') -> interaction('direct') -> value(0);
    add in -> unit on -> condition(M3=1) -> type('button') -> assignment('slot 2') -> interaction('direct') -> value(0);
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    this should do it for the crossfader

add in -> modifier 4 -> condition(M3=1) -> type('encoder') -> interaction('relative') -> sensitivity(300%);
    add in -> knob 1 -> condition(M3=1, M4=0) -> type('fader/knob') -> assignment('slot 1') -> interaction('relative') -> sensitivity(145%);
    add in -> knob 1 -> condition(M3=1, M4=7) -> type('fader/knob') -> assignment('slot 2') -> interaction('relative') -> sensitivity(145%);

button to set a shift to activate it
    add in -> modifier 4 -> condition(M3=0) -> type('button') -> interaction('direct') -> value(1);
    add in -> modifier 4 -> condition(M3=1) -> type('button') -> interaction('direct') -> value(0);
    add in -> effect 1 select -> condition(M3=0) -> type('button') -> assignment('slot 1') -> interaction('direct') -> value('filter');
    add in -> effect 1 select -> condition(M3=0) -> type('button') -> assignment('slot 2') -> interaction('direct') -> value('filter');
    add in -> unit on -> condition(M3=0) -> type('button') -> assignment('slot 1') -> interaction('direct') -> value(1);
    add in -> unit on -> condition(M3=0) -> type('button') -> assignment('slot 2') -> interaction('direct') -> value(1);
    add in -> unit on -> condition(M3=1) -> type('button') -> assignment('slot 1') -> interaction('direct') -> value(0);
    add in -> unit on -> condition(M3=1) -> type('button') -> assignment('slot 2') -> interaction('direct') -> value(0);
    Nice one mate. Close enough

next step would be assign the fader to preset value 0.5 when you move the fader from far left and set filter in relative mode so it reaches maximum value at Xfader center. Don't forget to set another command which keeps max value of the filter as long as your fader is anywhere in between the center and your far right end. That's for deck A.

done... writing like that is a pain in the arse... here is the tsi it is using effect slots one and two, it will load the slots, and toggle the effects on and off at the appropriate times. if M3=0 it will just be a crossfader.

check the comments, if it says knb-something learn that to the crossfader, if it says btn-something learn that to the button. You may need to add a led which responds to M3=1
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by synthet1c; 11-12-2013 at 10:48 AM.

Tried it out. Not quite what I have in mind. Your deck B filter isn't supposed to kick in at 0% and this basically set up only deck A. User should be able to smoothly transition A > B and back to A without catching a low pass range.

Will do a vid later and post a .tsi

you need to activate and de-activate it with the crossfader in the middle to avoid any conflicts on the first run... after that it should work fine. I don't know of any way to query the position of the crossfader accept for setting up another full range modifier and monitoring that in the second condition of the button, but thats a pain in the arse without the use of a simple script sintax, and it would just be better to activate in the middle imo.

I changed it a bit, now instead of deactivating the crossfader completely it just disables deck a & b but the fader will still move. I wanted to query whether there was 2 or 4 effect slots visible is that possible. Or can you use slots 3 & 4 without seeing them on screen?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by synthet1c; 11-12-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Here's the video

Think I'll release a full MM-1 mapping with this functionality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast