Rumours and Whispers - mk2s

Default Rumours and Whispers - mk2s

Hey guys - This is about (possibly wild) speculation. Be forewarned.

I'm curious to see what gets an update, when it gets that update, and what does not. Just from NI, we've already seen a mk2 released for the X1, Maschine and Maschine Micro, S4 and S2 (neither of which interest me much), and now the Audio 2 DJ.

Should we expect this to continue?
    I think these iterations are sometimes exciting (fixes! colours! touchstrips! shiny!) but I haven't quite put my finger on the timing, rhyme, or reason for some of these.

I really wish that something in the vein of the MacRumors Buyer's Guide - which is very useful - existed this kind of gear.

Is anybody game? Is anybody -scrachworx/djworx, techtools, digitaldjtips (), or others- close?

For example - I've been thinking about a Scratch Audio 10 to allow me to use Scratch Pro with mixers other than my Z2, and a Serato soundcard in the same vein. I'm more in to dubplates than DVS these days, so only a new release would make me take the plunge.

Tech Guru

Looks like the Audio 10 has already been updated silently

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...r-Audio-10-MK2
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Looks like the Audio 10 has already been updated silently

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...r-Audio-10-MK2
    That's a hot tip - thanks. It seems odd that it wouldn't look different when the Audio 2 did. An Audio 10 may be in my future if I finish building a mixer or up my mixer game otherwise.

Tech Guru

I would advise for the audio 8 to get better bang for your buck. I have a similar situation to yourself, I own a z2 but want a soundcard if I need to play out. I think i got mine for 150 which was a killer deal. No reason to go top shelf for your second option. Just my 2 cents.